Next door neighbour

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was just talking to my next door neighbor I told her I have DD and IBS she has had DD for 20 years she was telling me how she has learnt to live with it she is in her 80s she looks really well for her age. Talking to her made me feel there is a lot I can do to help myself Small world isn't it

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What advice did she give you?
    • Posted

Just to do what I am doing no nuts skins seeds work out what kicks a flare off drink plenty of water and if I get loose stools take Imodium
    • Posted

Hi Susan how are you feeling lately? I got an app to see a Gastroenterologist  for next week which I am happy about rather than having a colonoscopy 1st ,I expect he wants to know my symptoms before making any kind of decision on any procedures.Funnily enough I feel quite well regarding my DD it's the peeing all the time which is annoying me.Always something 🙁

• Posted

He wants to do a flexible sigmoidoscopy to see how my diverticula are I am just waiting for a appointment on the NHS. Let me know how you get on at your appointment x
    • Posted

Will do , I've started using the Lepicol again instead of the Fybogel as I think it was irritating my bladder and that was making me pee more.

• Posted

That's what we have to do. Learn how to live with it. Today I am in bed with pain going over what has caused this pain. Pulling at straws in frustration.

Before I go to the doctor I want to make sure it's DD and not IBS.

I am applying heat to my abdomen and took Bentyl (to calm spasms). Also started back on probiotics. Discontinued the fiber temporarily because of my cramps stomach and back. The fiber was working wonderfully but now I wonder if I tool too much!

• Posted

I am in the same situation been like it for 4 days now don't know if it's IBS or DD I iam stressed at the moment so was thinking IBS but it's going on too long I have antibiotics so was thinking about starting them today. I take mabevarine but it doesn't seem to be working

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.