Next operation

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had a replacement toe joint on my left foot in March 18..I still have pain, but walking through that..

last week I had my right foot X-ray and need a lapidus procedure to correct the dislocation. I have been told that it will be non weight bearing for over 8 weeks and up to 8 months recovery... I love to walk with our dog and are concerned about being so long recovery and if lots of pain..at the moment I have very little pain.

can anyone please share their experiences of Lapidus and recovery times..

thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I just had Lapidus Fusion and modified McBride bunionectomy surgeries on Monday. I’m tolerating it well and am off of pain killers as of the third day. My doctor specified 2 weeks with soft cast, then 4 weeks with hard cast and I should be able to start walking after that. 
  • Posted

I had Lapidus on my left foot 3 years ago and am very happy with the outcome.  It is a long and painful recovery but feel it is worth it.  Just had Lapidus surgery on my right foot last week.  It is non weight bearing for at least 6-8 weeks, then start bearing weight slowing in aircast boot, seelling on my foot stayed for around 8 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.