NHS GALLBLADDER SURGERY WAITING LIST

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I wonder if anyone can advise on waiting times for surgery

I saw surgeon 05/11 and was advised that would be be 16 weeks.I have now been advised it will not now be till approx May.My symptoms have calmed down only every couple of weeks however just really want to have it over and done with.

Thanks for any advice.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi that 16 weeks is goverment guidelines ..Google it..and patients charter..

they get in trouble for not meeting targets .. My county had us done by nhs doctors in private hospital in order to meet target .. Worth researching 

• Posted

Time I was given was 6 - 8 months for urgent cases.This would mean I would hopefully be done September - October this year. I live in Wales so these wiating times may be different elsewhere. If you are willing to go in on a cancellation it may be worth mentioning that.

Good luck

Sarah.

• Posted

Hi Steve,

It's not easy to answer as each area will very, but try ringing the consultants Secretary for a reasons why it's taking so long. Have you heard ofpals? Attached to hospitals, ring them explaining your situation and ask. if they can help. They would be able to tell you the time frame. Have used both of these and helped me. I was diagnosed last year in May after several bad bouts and admissions to hospital. Gallstones removed, and finally GALLBLADDER end September. I believe my condition hasbeen going on for several years through as ever time I'll put down to my

Diverticulitus. Keep nagging away don't give up challenging them.

• Posted

If there is a possibility of a cancellation--get in there! Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi All

Thanks for all your advice and suggestions.

I have advised that I would take any cancellations.

I have also now contacted PALS for advice.

Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.