NHS shingles vaccine/reaction ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I received a shingles vaccination as an 'extra' on the day of my flu jab. Then sixteen days later the acuity of vision in my right eye suddenly became seriously impaired. The latter event was two months ago and there has been no improvement since. Could the vaccine have caused this problem ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I doubt it, I would recommend booking in with the Gp to discuss your eye and explain when it  occured

Hope this helps  

• Posted

Thanks Lyn.

Due to a plethora of appointments I skipped the GP to  attend my regular 'out-patients', this time for Fouorescein enhanced  photographs. Results to be discussed in two days time. The vaccine theory has only just occurred to me.  Thanks for your advice.  Geoff.

• Posted

Hi Geoff

Are you unable to get that information from your G.P, or whoever gave you the vaccine.Side affect's do happen, however think it's about time you looked into thing's.Don't put it off! Best wishes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.