Niacin Dose Advise

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm going to give Niacin non flush a go but wondered what dose I shoukd take for anxiety/depression and does it interact with Venlefaxine or buspirone as anti depressants?

Neil 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I take 2-500mg a day. Gonna increase slowly to 4.. I take lexapro 10 mg and a beta blocker and havented noticed any side effects.. Make sure u eat something before taking. Can cause upset stomach.. Good luck hope it helps you as well.. ❌❌❌
  • Posted

Do you like the buspirone? Have you had any side effects with it? I tried and didn't notice a difference but maybe I didn't give it long enough.. What mg do you take a day of this?
    • Posted

Hi Tonya, I'm on 35mg a day (10 in morning, 15 afternoon, 10 evening), I've been taking for 8 werks and my anxiety has improved.

Buspar takes upto 6 werks to notice the difference which is why it's different from benzos as none addictive.

Thought I'd try Niacin also it you go to check with pharmacist I think to make sure no interactions. I've a small supply of diazepam also yo take as and when. My anti depressant is venlefaxine which I've been on for years but had dose increased 9 weeks ago to 225mg per day.

Ive been well for last 4 years on maintenance dose of AD's but abused the booze so relapsed.

Thanks for reply. Nxxx

• Posted

I take 7.5 twice a day. I quit taking it cuz I didn't feel any different. But gonna give a try again and stick with it. I take ativan as needed.. Mainly in morning and at night to help me sleep.. I'm doing better with my beta blocker for my bp and lexapro. Hoping to keep moving forward.. ❌❌❌
  • Posted

Hey aspinan, who gave you the buspirone? I asked my doctor about it and he hadn't heard of it, so he sent a letter to mentalhealth team who ignored the question and after like 4 months of waiting they offerd me to talk to someone which I don't really need rolleyes
    • Posted

My GP prescribed them, trade name is Buspar.

Its in their book of medicines with dose and interactions.

Suggest go onto web and Wikipedia  it and print off the details for your GP.

• Posted

It's hit and miss to be fair. My anxiety has improved recently though.

Ive started taking Omega3 capsules and Niacin Upto 2000mg pd but still unsure if it has any interactions with my meds.

• Posted

I stopped the buspar. Wasn't helping and making me dizzy.. I'm hoping the niacin isn't causing my blurred vision. I'm still taking only 2 a day.. My lexapro and beta blocker seems to be starting to help. And my ativan as needed.. I thought about omega3 but wasn't sure about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.