Night 4 of citalopram even more scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

I feel like I'm going crazy. It's so hard to describe what I'm feeling but I just woke up from an hour nap with an extreme sense of dread. It's like I can't focus on anything or think about anything. Nothing will distract me, nothing interests me. I'm scared I'm going to forget everything. I'm so tired of this. I don't want to take these pills anymore. I feel like I'm not going to make it. I tried to go do something just then and forgot what it was I was going to do a second later. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have also had this at the beginning of taking cit and it is scary, but it will pass x
  • Posted

Hey Danielle. Welcome to the Citalopram club. I am so sorry that you are starting to experience the side effects of the drug that many of us go through when we first start. What you are going through sounds perfectly normal in terms of one of the side effects. So the bad news!  You may have a few more days like today. The good news, it will pass and get a little easier each day. It can take 4-6 weeks for these effects to subside as your body starts to adapt to them. However, hang in there because it does pass and you will start feeling better soon.  Read lots of posts on this forum and you will see we all have the same experience. Search Citalopram on google to look at the side effects.  It helps you to understand that you are not going mad. Keep chatting and keep comms open. There are lots of very experienced people on this forum who have gone through this a few times.  Take care and hang in there. Easy now x
    • Posted

Thank you so much... it's absolutely awful in the nighttime but at least it's better in the morning and I can get some sort of relief. I always dread bed time though (being unable to sleep dosent help either). I'm really hoping the effects lessen soon, I feel like a madwoman going through all of this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.