Night cough or choking

Posted , 1 user is following.

i am female, 30, & 230 pounds. I do currently smoke. I have for the last nine years.

My husband has just recently started complaining about the fact that when “at night” when the sun goes down, I start to have a non productive dry cough & it is continuous until around the time the sun comes up.

During this time, I experience difficulties swallowing; it feels like there is something on the way back of my tongue. It causes me to try to “bring up” whatever’s back there. & I begin to cough.

I have chronic sinusitis. I have had two septum surgeries & I out right refuse to have any more. It is entirely too painful & it’s not productive. The second surgery was just four weeks after the first due to it not opening my air way as intended & the septum had collapsed even with the stents in place.

I have had my tonsils and adenoids removed. My uvula does drag the back of my tongue constantly. It’s rather annoying.

I have seen my PCP & ENT. & other than both of them telling me I need to see one or the other and more antibiotics than humanly should be consumed; I have had no luck figuring out what the cause of this issue is.

It’s beginning to place strain on my marriage. Because my husband swears I’m not doing anything about it. Although, he doesn’t understand that no one will listen to me & is able to treat and remove the issue. They focus on other issues. I understand doing one thing may fix the other. But I have had more sinus issues after surgery than before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.