Night nausa

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been off ppis for 2 weeks and taking h2 Blockers as I needed a h pylori test.since I'm off them I take a h2 blocker at 9 pm but at 3 am every night I woke feeling very sick I don't vomit until 6 am I'm extremely stressed for 2 weeks til the point of tears I wonder is this stress or an ulcer.I sent the h pylori test away today and returned on the ppi but it could take 4 weeks.to find out.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi chris61777

If your HP test comes back negative go to a doctor for a second opinion...what is your diet like?..you cannot eat foods that will irritate your gut such as spicey and fried foods, fizzy drinks and citrus fruits...eat a bland diet to be kind to your gut.. take probiotic tabs and prebiotic foods such as yogurt with bacterial cultures to support the probiotocs...take plenty of water.....hope you get a diagnosis soon...best wishes..

• Posted

My diet is ok but don't eat much because of worry.if I could get a positive result I could move on with my life. As u can imagine like a lot of people always thinking the worst. I've had 4 doctor appointment bloods and stool al come back ok.but the I no my self the stress is really eating away at me.after 2 months.

• Posted

Hi chris61777

Not eating is not good either...that can cause stomach pain...try and eat a little food and try to stop stressing and worrying as this can exacerbate your symptoms.....keep us posted re your HP result...if it is positive you will have to go to docs for meds..A three course antibiotics for HP...and i suspect before a doc will give you the AB's..he/she will do another test.....best wishes..

• Posted

Does anyone no if mastik gum helps H pylori ?
    • Posted

Hi i suffered on/off for a few years with h pylori was a nightmare. I tried it but it didnt seem to help me. I had been giving tons of anti biotics which done more harm than good in the long run!What i did find was savour! I done my own research and found out that liquorice root kills the bacteria and got it in a tablet form called Carnosoothe. I got it from amazon then had to order in from America was about £15 approx. Had my 2nd endoscopy and stool samples done and i was all clear. I hope this helps you and others. Unfortunately i have other problems now with hiatus hernia and inflammation but im my own worst enemy with alcohol! Ive got out spicy foods and pro biotic yoghurts help too ?

• Posted

Hi chris61777

I just saw your post re mastic gum..yes a friend if mine used it and said it helped her gastric problems...try it and see if it helps you..... you have to take them on an empty stomach for the mastic gum to connect with your stomach lining. It is a naturally occurring plant that grows around the med .....best wishes if you decide to use it for some relief.....

• Posted

Results came back negative for h pylori, still getting random mild nauesa that comes for a hour here and there which I can't lock down why via food etc.doctor thinks its some random stubborn stomach virus has I have no other symptoms other than random burping but I think that's cause I'm on ppis he said I can have the camera but its up 2 me.I was put on antidepressants cause this is doing my head in.the nauesa isn't enough to make me vomit just very random.i do have mould in my bedroom but doctors thinks no also my wife is fine.

• Posted

Sorry to hear this I totally understand how depressing it can be. My biggest problem is night time. My sleeping is the worst it's ever been most days I get up I feel like I haven't slept. I get severe discomfort in chest,upper/lower stomach, oesophagus etc. I'm absolutely done in with sore throat/head, bad breath. I have a scan next week and hopefully they can get to the bottom of this. I thought when I got over h pylori I had my life back but it was just the start. I hope you get help and if I get any progress I will share on here to help others. I still take Omeprazole, I'm on buscopan and take my yoghurt drinks but it's a struggle. Good luck.

• Posted

I wonder should i pay for a complete stool test my doc done stool test but its the nhs so im guessing it wasnt great,can a virus really last 3 months.my nusea is more like lunch time randomly thats it.
    • Posted

Hi chris61777

Can you ask your doc to do a Breath Test for HPylori. This test is more reliable because if you have HP you will present with chemical changes in your stomach which presents on your breath....you are entitled to a second opinion under the Patients Charter for England and Wales...best wishes for a firm diagnosis....

• Posted

Ive had a breath test and it was negative,doctor thinks cause its mild its nothing serous and im not losing weight blood is normal and i feel great other wise,other than stressing over the end of this.he said its not an ucler because i would no if i had one with the pain i dont have stomach pain.just a funny stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.