Night of Surgery Question

Posted , 5 users are following.

on the night of the surgery your eye is still dilated. didn't you guys see the lens edge (ring of light) even on that day???

those who do not experience any positive dysphotopsia, do you guys not see the lens edge as a ring of light upon dilation???

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I don't recall seeing anything like a ring of light, or any positive dysphotopsia. My vision was just more blurry than normal, and then improving over the first week or two.

• Posted

so you dont see any ring of light if you get dilation during eye exam?

do you know if your dilated eye is more than 6mm?

the blurriness is the corneal edema i think i got that cleared by 8PM.

• Posted

All I have noticed after eyes are dilated is that everything to too bright and and colours are washed out. No idea what pupil size is, but because of my age (73) I expect it is less than 6 mm.

• Posted

I saw clear halos in both eyes that night and then they went away the next day never to return but still have mild flashing in the periphery of my eyes.

• Posted

Yes, I saw all kinds of weird stuff, esp at night, but it was nearly gone the next day.

• Posted

I will re-post. Yes, I saw all kinds of weird stuff, esp at night, but it was nearly gone

by the next day.

• Posted

I saw all kinds of weird and wild disco lights and sparkling halos and bokeh effects everywhere the night of surgery (i.e. surgery that morning). I don't think it was the edge of the IOL though. And they were gone the night of the day after surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.