Night pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 47 year old female who has had fibromyalgia for 5/6 years now. I suffer from pain every day which seems to be worse in the evening. Does anyone else have this problem and if so why does this happen?

aabb

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I do have more pain later into the afternoon and right through bed. It sometimes wakes me up if I roll over.
    • Posted

I haven't slept properly for a long time. I am lucky I get 4/5 hours a night, it's a very unsettled sleep but for some reason I wake feeling as though my pain isn't as bad. 

Aabb

• Posted

My pain is at its worst during the night. The pain is unbearable and I get very little sleep.
    • Posted

My sleep pattern hasn't been great at all in a long time either but thankfully my pain seems to settle slightly during the night. It just seems to be later in the evening, before bed time. I go to bed in agony.

aabb

• Posted

Sorry to hear your suffering.

I'm a full time carer to my son, who has suffered fibromyalgia for 24yrs and has never been able to have a good nights sleep in years.

He is in severe pain 24hrs a day. The nights alway seem worse because he is so wrecked with dealing with his pain throughout the day.that night time seems even worse.

I only wish this government of ours would legalised certain herbal medication for chronic pain which has already been proven to work for chronic pain in other countries -then may be someone who is at their wits-end can have a good nights.

• Posted

I am beginning to think that's why I am in pain mostly at night also. I think it's because I have to fight with myself to get through a day then come home from work and it just all kicks in in my own environment. I have never heard of herbal meds to help fibromyalgia. I must research this.

• Posted

I am beginning to think that's why I am in pain mostly at night also. I think it's because I have to fight with myself to get through a day then come home from work and it just all kicks in in my own environment. I have never heard of herbal meds to help fibromyalgia. I must research this.

aabb

• Posted

Being able to sleep does help with dealing with your pain next morning. After reading my message back I realized I must have sounded angry and frunstrated. Infact I suppose i was as I hadn't been to bed yet - I had been gently massaging my sons legs /feet and back, which I have to do most nights and was feeling very shattered.

I wish I could p.m you to let you know; as I could have sent you some details on what I have found, including testimonials. The risk of cause is by taking this said herb you will be breaking the law ?

But for a lot of people the risk is worth it as they can bin their old meds with all the side effect and turn their life around at the same time. (try looking up - U.P.A  - its in the uk)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be ok, then you will be able to look further into other sites by using search and when yo find the "Herb" look up the countries who have legalised it and see the people it is helping. It makes me very cross that we cannot use it here to treat illness.

• Posted

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about (!) then I agree. There is only one party in the UK that has common sense when it comes to this 'herb' and indeed it's on that basis I may even vote for them in the future. 

I have been doing so much research on fibromyalgia and pain, anxiety/depression recently and have decided to ditch the prescribed drugs. I found an excellent youtube channel which features an American doctor who speaks SO much common sense. As such I am following his advice and attempting to fix my digestive system (which affects the whole body - unbelievably so!) and I am off to the osteopath on Monday for the first time. If you want I can PM you a link to a fantastic video I watched by him. I am so tired of taking medications which do not work, make me feel worse, cause me to be prescribed even more medications for the side effects, which in turn have their own side effects...eek!! Nothing I have been prescribed has ever helped. Nothing. And they only treat the symptoms. Now I am trying to actually treat the cause. I've just started on this 'journey' so I'll see in a few months if things have improved.

Anyway, PM as I said, if you are interested to see what I am going on about! And I'm going to post back if I begin to see any tangible results. Fingers crossed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.