Night pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 5 months in on LTKR, my knee feels pretty good right now aside from the stiffness. I recently started sleeping with no night pain, then lowest week it started all over again. Both my knees have pain at night so I get about 3 1/2 hrs sleep. My right knee was originally not as bad as left, which was bone on bone, now it is acting up too. Getting it xray on the 26th. But my real question is why am I getting night pain again???😕

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I suspect since you had so little pain you started to overdo your activity. At 3 weeks out I decided to cut way down on pain meds. I was so excited that I wasn't drowsy all day and I could be more active. After a few days I was slammed with the pain again. It's your body saying Stop please! I'm not healed yet! Try slowing down and take ibuprofen or something at night until you are sleeping without pain again. Hope things get better again.

• Posted

I suspect since you had so little pain you started to overdo your activity. At 3 weeks out I decided to cut way down on pain meds. I was so excited that I wasn't drowsy all day and I could be more active. After a few days I was slammed with the pain again. It's your body saying Stop please! I'm not healed yet! Try slowing down and take ibuprofen or something at night until you are sleeping without pain again. Hope things get better again.

• Posted

Linda is right, as you heal you do more & pain comes back.

I had rTKR 17 months ago but still get the pain at night if I overdo it. 

Just ease back a bit & start again. You will find as time goes on the pain & swelling will subside in your TKR knee. I hope the other one becomes a little less painful as the replaced knee gets stronger.

Marilyn 

XX

• Posted

Thank you you are probably right as I have been going to the Y and using recumbent bike and leg press. So that could be it
    • Posted

I had to do leg press in P.T. so just continued at the Y. To strengthen the quads.
    • Posted

Must be fine then...guess it has different settings ...no rush though, take it slowly ...
    • Posted

Thanks. Today I have rested and not done hardly anything at all, and I have a weird feeling just below my kneecap, it's like a burning sensation.😕

• Posted

Hi Deb.I am at 5 months ltkr as well.I have gone through all the usual pains and nerve pain etc.I was starting to feel better then I started back driving again.My knee got sore again all around the kneecap.I tried to rest more and it got a bit better.Then some of the swelling started to soften and I started getting more pain at night.I went back to resting my knee on a pillow and it helped.My other knee was also very sore from all the limping but I try to elevate my legs as much as possible and it's helping.Take painkillers for a while at night until it settles again and don't overdo things

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.