Night seizures or sleepwalking?

Posted , 5 users are following.

my daughter is 10, ige epilepsy, photosensitivity, abscence seizures. She takes 25mg lamortogine twice daily.

she has episodeswhere she sits up in the night, she can answer questions, but is not with it. She will the pick and pick and her covers probably lasting less than a minute.

does this sound like she is having night seizures? Or is it sleep related?

her day seizures which are abscence i can recognise easy enough.

thank you

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there   I am not sure about the night ones but my mother has been on thoses pills your daughter is takeing bless her they are very good my mum is 89 she had a stroke and a fit so this is why she has to take the pills one in the morn and one at nit ,now ..but she's biteing her lip at night sometimes and there blood on her pillow as she has cares ,, but now she's talking strange she says it's because she does sleep no docters tell me anything I am the only daughter and my daughter is her onlly granddaughter may be some one out there could pick up on this ,,I wish you all the very best for    For your daughter keep her on the drug as it's very good one it stops my mum from haveing them ,but it sounds like it could be slight one at night as one mum has had them befor she had taken Meds to control it she was like that,  But go to her Docter as I am not sure it could be she's very tired and wakes up but not fully hope you get your  answers what you are looking for   Good wishes to u all ,Linda 

• Posted

Sorry not been answering mails but my computer is up the creek and I have to go onto Facebook to get on here and I do not trust it xx I will get it sorted  xx

Hope everyone is well and remember to sing and no Stress !! Orders from Win  pass them on Alfie  lol xxxxx

• Posted

Okay no worry hope u get it sorted they are okay when working ,,hope your daughter get gets better or feel better soon whick I am sure she will Linda 
  • Posted

If your daughter is photosensitive to light, that may be a sure sign of epilepsy. As to having problems at night, it’s possible that it may be related to low blood pressure (lack of oxygen to the brain) and sugar levels. On one visit to my Dr, my blood pressure was below a 100. He took it twice with the same results. The third time, he had me stand up and my blood pressure was just barely over a 100. He was happy. Didn’t explain night time auras though. Thought if I went to bed 5 minutes earlier of 5 minutes later, I wouldn’t have experienced auras. I don’t think the timing of going to bed had any difference. In my case, I think it was low blood pressure when I went to bed that caused the auras.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.