Night shades

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there im going to try and cut night shades, could anyone please list them for me so I don't miss any out or give me any advice please x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I’m not entirely sure what they all are, but potatoes, tomatoes, aubergine, peppers are a few. I have suffered for over 20 years. But for the last 2 weeks not had one boil! I’ve been using Perspi antiperspirant from Amazon with amazing results. I think sweating is a major problem even if its not hot. I still sweat under my arms and  groin area. Stress is another thing that doesn’t help so I’m trying not to get stressed about things. Also use a hibiscrub when washing.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, I did read these ones to avoid but I did notice on one thread someone also said flour , I'm going to start tomorrow , I've been on the achne drug for a month now but the research I've done since taking it is very mixed

• Posted

Hello, these are the ones I know. Make sure to check everything for paprika. Some things like a taco seasoning will list "spices" as the ingredient but paprika is included.

Paprika

potato all but red ones, all processed ones (FYI a lot of pre-grated cheese has potato starch on it)

tomato

bell pepper

hot peppers of any kind

eggplant

Chilli powder

Chilli pepper flakes

Curry spice

Goji berries, Chinese 5 spice powder

Ground cherries

gooseberries

peplino melons

tamatillos

okra

I think that is it. Doing an elimination diet. I'm on week 3. No yeast or dairy on top of no nightshades or sugar other than a small amount in fruit. Good luck. The first few days are difficult. But not as bad as having an outbreak!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.