Night sweating

Posted , 12 users are following.

I was wondering I’ve been dealing with a dull lower left abdomen pain for a year now.  Ct scan shows no infection from my diverticulosis  but the pain is still there I have nausea and very little appetite. My pain is not severe . Can I still have a small infection and inflammation that the ct scan won’t show. Also I’ve been having night sweats . I’m due for surgery in 2 weeks and really worried about it . They say there’s a lot of risks like blood clots and infections. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had night sweats for a year and couldn’t understand why!  I am past menopause.  I worried told doctor he ignored it.  Almost a year went by and I had a terrible flare up ended in hospital on IV.  No night sweats since then.  I’d it a coincidence maybe but I don’t think so.

What type surgery are you having?

• Posted

hi really great to find this discussion have been suffering with diverticultis for years and find the night times awful, really hot sweats all the time have been put on hrt but find this does not help things, i never have a full nights sleep ever, and i e exercise every day, i can cope of a day but the night times seriously get me down, think i would like the surgery but not sure how to go about it any info or help would be great.

thank you

• Posted

Paveman I have the same question my doctor said infection is gone but my CRP level was high she said this is due to inflammation I feel the same as when I definitely had the infection She has scheduled another cat scan with contrast next month I hope you will find out the cause of your symptoms
  • Posted

I had the surgery and feel so much better.  It takes about 3 days after the surgery, but the nausea is gone. I'm going into my 6 weeks after surgery and all the Diverticulitis symptoms are gone.  Yes, depending on what type your having makes a difference on the healing process.  Mine was open cut but lapriscopy is supposedly less healing time. Stay on the soft diet for at least 6 weeks because your insides still need to heal. My surgeon himself told me "you can eat anything you want ", well I'm not dumb and he was actually pleased I stayed on the soft diet.  Eat in moderation,  then after the 6 weeks start reintroducing other foods slowly.  Walk after each meal, and don't stay in bed . Walking is essential to heal faster, just don't overdo it. Drink plenty of water.  I'm proud to say that I'm painkiller free now. 

• Posted

I had night sweats for a year and couldn’t understand why!  I am past menopause.  I worried told doctor he ignored it.  Almost a year went by and I had a terrible flare up ended in hospital on IV.  No night sweats since then.  I’d it a coincidence maybe but I don’t think so.

What type surgery are you having?

• Posted

Ive beek getting night sweats also since about Dec. They come and go, I assume they happen more when things arent well..inflamed, etc..I have surgery in 3 weeks and cant wait..So many odd symptoms..Would be nice to shed a few of them..
  • Posted

Hi Madeline,

I’m having 12 “ of colon removed due to diverticulitis . I think over the years because of flare ups I’ve got scare tissue and it’s causing my pain and nausea. Now the doctor says it’s chronic. I’m just worried about infections  from the surgery.  Hopefully everything will go good I have a great surgeon. And I’m putting it in GODS hands.

• Posted

Hi,

I too experienced night sweats ! I am 9 wks post op. I had 12-18 inches removed both sigmoid and partial descending colon. Mine was done robotically. I had very little pain after . I went home on Tylenol only! My advice is drink a lot of water, walk outside at least 4x a day, it doesn’t have to be far, and gradually increase your diet. My Dr said I could eat anything. But I got sick on week 5 and cut back on amount of food. No carbonated drinks for me. The surgery was the best thing! Don’t be afraid you will feel so much better.

• Posted

Wishing you the very best.  I believe many episodes cause scarring so you are wise to have surgery.  Take care and keep us informed.🙏??

• Posted

Thanks I feel much better about surgery since finding this site.
    • Posted

I was fortunate that I never had any surgery, so it made it easier for my surgery. As for having scar tissue from previous issues my surgeon  was very clear it is actually common. I take it they're doing open so the surgery will run normally about 3 hours depending on your situation and old scar tissue.  Yes it is excruciating pain but when you consider how much your whole lifestyle has been based around Diverticulitis,  this pain is different because you can and will heal from it and be able to live a normal life without nausea, pain, and be able to eat whatever you want.  When they tell you to walk, do it, the difference in healing is amazing. Even though it hurt like hell I made sure to walk as much as I could. Take advantage of the pain meds cuz you will need them.  And rest. I told my family and friends to stay away (except my bf) because believe me you won't want to be a social butterfly. ....you need to rest and they need to understand that too. This is major surgery and will take months for your insides to heal.  You will definitely be extremely weak, try to find your niche,  no laying in bed. I put myself on light housekeeping such as doing dishes (no heavy pans ) and making the bed. I walk after every meal, setting a goal that once I'm "comfortable , I walk further. I'm healing extremely well, but am learning I'm not healed even 5 weeks after surgery. Dummy me decided to vacuum  (no carpet but tile floors ), laid me out for 3 days back on full force painkillers....but I still walked. Coming from family history of blood clots, I know how important it is to walk. Good luck, take care of yourself, eat soft foods in moderation  (6) weeks after, and just because you might feel good don't go superhero. .....believe me you'll regret it.

• Posted

No ones ever said to me about blood clots. I do ger night sweats but this was because my doc took me off after had been on HRT for years Shes now put me back on them as night sweats. Now these have ceased My derverticulitus has moved down to my eft side and its like a stitch I also have bile dumping bcos I no longer have my gallbladder and the bile going into mt stomach has caused really bad episodes of Diarrhoea. I now been put back on. Questron sachets by myc onsulta nt to control that.works really well I take Approx 4 rachets a day its in a powder form stops my diarrhoea  Im alergic to lots of drugs unfortunatly that might help me  However on Tuesday having another endescopy and gastro test down my  throat osophogas. Not looking forward to Tuesday obs as on.s**t meds to clearr my bowel. You dont say whether your male or female so some this may not apply to you respect night sweats. Also this Tuesday had a ultra sound as consultant now looking my bile duct kidneys and Pancreas. Liver where there are bile ducts other than gallbladder . You dont sayy if you have had an endescopy but mine over 3 years ago so shes doing again . Glad your pain not to bad mine bad and sometimes think going pass  out , I dont smoke never have and dont drink alchol or Coffee. cant eat many foods I use yo love seems so unfair. Good luck 
    • Posted

Sorry didnt see you are female and due a operation Im bit stressed and tired as having endescopy Tuesday. Good luck X 
    • Posted

Hi I wish you the best of luck please keep us informed!
  • Posted

I had the same experience as madeline 27614 -- night sweats and then after being hospitalized for IV antibiotics and follow up antibiotics after leaving the hospital, no more night sweats. My CT scan showed DD. I"ve been symptom free for several months now, but whenever I fall off the wagon and get lazy about eating right and drinking tons of water, I can feel the start of DD. I begin having an overall achy feeling, similar to the onset of the flu. I'm thinking I'll have to be on my guard for the rest of my life. I'm doing all possible to avoid surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.