night sweats

Posted , 5 users are following.

has anyone had night sweats with fluoxetine?

i've been taking it for 4 years now and have had night sweats which over the last few months have been every night.

i've had lots of tests which have have proved nothing.

i'am told it could be early menopause (i'm 39!) or the fluoxetine!

originally i took venlafaxine but swapped it for fluoxetine when the 'sweats' started.

i dont want to have to stop 'flu' and then find out that i've still got the 'sweats' but i seem to of run out of explanations!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I get the sweats too. i have definaltly noticed it alot more since i started taking flu. I did get some roll on deo from the dr but it gave me a rash as i have sensative skin so i had to stop using it which was a shame as it worked alot better than sure etc..

Thinking of you

Nicki B

• Posted

hi nicky,

yes i sweat more also, and i have tried every deo' there is!!

But the 'night sweats' are something else! i wake up soaked and cold, i dont want to stop taking 'flu' as it helps me keep my head above water, so to speak, but i've really had enough of having to sleep in my dressing gown!!

• Posted

Ive been on Fluoxtine for 2 years now, and have only recently suffered from night sweats. Its not every night but when i have it its really horrible !

Im 37 and hoping its not the menopause !

• Posted

Hi i think it comes and goes the night sweats as i had for a few weeks were i was buring up but i felt freezing cold etc..

i think its just another side effect you have to go through on the way to recovery

I just got some new deo from the dr and it works alot better than normal ones you shld maybe ask for some too?

How ru feeling today by the way??

Nicki B xx

• Posted

This is interesting! I've been on Fluoxetine for a few years and started getting night sweats when adding viibryd. Then got switched to fluoxetine and venlafaxine. I tapered off the venlafaxine and went just to Prozac to see if the sweats would go away and they won't!

• Posted

Did anyone find answer/relief from the night sweats? I'm also 37 and early menopause or Lymphoma are the current thoughts... so I'm hoping it's the Flu / Prozac

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.