Night sweats

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am not sure if this applies to fibro or catamenial epilepsy which i have, but for the last 5 months I have been waking up dripping rolleyes nice!!!!. I mentioned this to a doctor and she said see how i am when i start with depo injection. I am 42 with regular periods so she ruled out menapause. just thought i would see if anyone else suffers this. we do have lovely symptoms dont weredface ha ha. I do have a fan on at night plus heating turned off. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I get nights sweets.,although I went through menapause in my early fourties...and those nighs sweats were horrific..also day ones, but I do still get them no where near as bad though...who knows..there are just sooo many varied Symtoms to this Fibro..hope you get it all stop rated..I still take black cohash root tablets for it all these years later...but they work..:-) xx be blessed 
    • Posted

Oops..should read

HOPE YOU GET IT ALL SORTED...:-) xxxx

• Posted

Thanks for replying, sometimes it happens in the day a thought it might be my deoderant . its horrible i wake up and have to change, then change bedding more bl**dy workeek. Anyway lets hope i do get sorted. thank you. hugs
  • Posted

the inability to control body temp is a symptom of fibro .but also can be linked to some medications , i  have slept  with a frozen chillow mat wrapped in a pillow case all winter .under just a cotton sheet.

summer i sleep with a large chillo mat that cant be frozen because its a single bed size so i put 3 - 4 smaller chillo mats underneath that are frozen. 

got me thro last summer .this year iv got a waist coat that has pockets that you place ice packs in so i will be able to go out with out feeling faint. 

i am surprized your doctor didnt no that sweating is symptom .mind you i can be sitting by the eek fire some nights frozen .talk about faulty thermostat 

• Posted

Hello again , she said see if they stop when i start on the depo injection to balance my hormones and hopefully ease seizures. I think learning from your comments its all about finding your own personal ways of coping with fibro ect. you have inspired me tiswas thankyou. we can only try different things and ways. I feel i have made a friends on here and talking to people helps because we all know how it feels, i think my husband just switches off now ha ha . hugs cheesygrin
    • Posted

yes husbands and some people you thought friends do .sad

hi not sure what are depo injections ,never heard of injections to balance hormones .confused but i tell you the chillo mats are a god send they start at a round £6 

on ebay ,neutral some are gel filled some you fill with water both freeze well 

even though they say there cold enough just in the fridge i still need to freeze mine . eek

• Posted

hello , Depo is a contraceptive , Doctor told me that it can help. But she said the marina coil would be better. Its worth a shot.Might try that mat if they continue. cheesygrin. sitting down now I am done for the day eek. Ta Ta for now. 
    • Posted

avoid the coil hun inflamation is major symptom putting that in could cause a flare . my friend had it fitted with out fibro and had a bad reaction . 
    • Posted

hello again, just replied to you on another discusion hee hee. My mother inlaw said avoid it to , now i dont know whether my father inlaw was boasting but he said he could feel it when you knoweek. My husband said oh i dont like the sound of that happening to me. well !!!!!. I dont really want it to be honest rather have the injection. wink
    • Posted

yes it is very possiable your dad was telling the truth iv heard it said before . it can cause bleeding and pain . you really dont wont to risk it  hun .

even messing about with hormone injections could cause  your fibro to flare i really dont want to be a party pooper but you really have to think this thru . any minor truma can trigger a flare .and people with fibro can be drug sensistive .so be careful .eek

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.