Night sweats

Posted , 3 users are following.

After 4 months on sertraline still getting awful night sweats.  Do they ever go away.  Also insomnia is back.  That may be due to the night sweats.  At my wits end.

lynda

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Increased swetting is a side-effect of Sertraline as you know but it would help if we knew your age please because it may be something else going on.
  • Posted

Hi Lynda. Well then this is more likely to be hormonal related unless of course you are on good HRT. I say this because menopause gives night swets while Sertraline gives swets at any old time.
  • Posted

Hi Lynda I am 61 and have been on sertraline for around 5 years now.  I do get night sweats but also feel hot during the day as well sometimes.   I think the hot during the day bit is the drug but the hot flushes and night sweats are hormonal.  Although I went through the change 10/12 years ago I still get them.   Some women get hot flushes for life unfortunately sad 

I find the other side effects of sertraline are a dry mouth,  insomnia,  and nasty dreams.   However I find this a good trade off as my depression is much more under control these days.  Maybe you should have a chat with your doctor if you are concerned.  x

• Posted

Hi Hypercat

thks for responding.  I think perhaps you are right.  The night sweats are probably hormonal. Like you I went through menopause many years ago. I just wonder why the night sweats now.  I also get hot during the day.  Not fun. 

Lynda

• Posted

Ha ha no it's not much fun!  men don't know how lucky they are smile  Bev x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.