Night sweats

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have a few questions...

does anyone else have night sweats?? 

Theyre not every nights, but I wake up soaking. I don't know if this is the crohns, or my age and being female; )

also, I have declined meds just now, but I have a couple of strictures, I'm guessing they meds can't heal scar tissue?

i sort of feel left in the dark somewhat. For example twice I've been told I'd receive blood forms and haven't.

thanks

alfie

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had very bad night and day sweats.  On Dec 2 nd I had a resection and whilst in hospital no sweats but as soon as I came home I had a few.  Not as bad as pre surgery but they still feel awful.  If I do absolutely nothing I am ok, but you cannot live like that.
  • Posted

Yes, I get night and day sweats no matter what I do. GI says my crohn's is not under control.
  • Posted

Hi Alfielefoo

Everyone is different with me it doesn't make a difference if I was taking a long walk or just sitting down eating dinner. I always carry something with me to fan my neck it helps with the hot flashes and sweats. At night is the worst in and out of covers on and off of shirt. See what works well for you and stay with it. Hope things go well with you. I have had this for 52 years.

• Posted

Woah, that's a long old time!!!!

thank you for your response.

do you find the meds work for you?

• Posted

The short answer is yes. I have to say that night sweats is common in those with IBD or other chronic disease. I have it most nights and I toss and turn due to extreme pain in my intestine and esophagus. It is a horrible existence, but I will never give up on myself and I will continue to fight this disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.