Night sweats

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with mono about 3 weeks ago but the blood work came back no longer contagious. I have nightsweated every night waking up 1-4 times a Night. I can barely sleep anymore. Is this something possible from mono or should I start to look elsewhere. I have had aches and chills but not a bad sore throat. I have also already seen an eye doctor since my right eye is more swollen shut which they think is due to nerve issues possibly related to mono. Been trying to eat nothing but healthy foods and haven't touched alcohol or anything bad for weeks now. Was prescribed Ambien since I couldn't sleep with mono but that didn't help past the first couple days. Trying not to lose my mind, but these night sweats are no joke, just wondering if that is something that persists with mono?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jom,

So sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell with mono, just want to write to offer some reassurance and hope if possible. Yes, I believe that night sweats definitely can be a symptom of the virus, particularly in the initial weeks after diagnosis. You're doing the right thing by avoiding alcohol, also worth considering taking some vitamins / herbs to boost your immune system if not already doing so - a good strong multi-vitamin per day can be really helpful, as can B complex and Co-enzyme Q10 in helping boost energy levels and reduce fatigue and settling down the immune system. High doses of Vitamin C (1000mg to 3000mg) also very good, dissolvable is even better in my opinion, and immune boosting herbs like echinicea, siberian ginseng and oregano also very good.

Just hoping things settle down for you soon, it's a nasty virus and really is important to rest as much as possible and avoid stress if possible (so hard because the virus causes stress in itself I know). Some people make the mistake of trying to keep working through it and it can make recovery longer - doing the right things early on is so key to a more speedy recovery.

I went through it about 10 years ago and was a horrible experience - just want to let you know that there is recovery from this horrible virus - don't panic if it doesn't come right away because it can take a bit of time for some people unfortunately - but you definitely will get over it and the horrible night sweats and symptoms will fade in time for sure and you will get back to full health again I truly believe. Of course do see the doctor if still struggling with the night sweats and other things, but the virus can cause these and all sorts of weird and awful symptoms, so try not to worry too much and just see the doc if unsure.

Hang in there and thinking of you

Craig

• Posted

Hi Jomz, I had night sweats with mono/EBV. The best I can remember ( some things are still a blurr or brain fog is still hanging on) I had them steady for a few weeks then they would be off and on for a few months.

This virus produces many varied symptoms. The emotional impact is quiet devastating. Seems each symptom makes us wonder if there is something more than the virus causing the symptom.

The physical symptoms are debilitating.

The good news is that God designed our body to heal/recover. It seems The process is a lengthy one for most of us .

You have found a great forum. You will find support and encouragement here.

It is very important to listen to your body. Rest before and after any activity. Limit activity to conserve energy needed by the body to recover.

Jesus has been my comfort and strength!

Rhonda

• Posted

I can totally relate with the night sweats and insomnia.  The good news is that it does not last forever. The bad news is that I felt extremely exhausted, wired at the same time, frantic to sleep, anxious and crazy while going through that. I did not find a magic cure but guided meditation did help me. 

This is a nasty virus that effects all of us differently and something we just need to give our bodies the time and rest to ride it out. Keep on eating and pushing healthy fluids!  

Sometimes I found that laying down and closing my eyes and listening to a podcast helped me feel rested even when I could not sleep. This allowed me to take the pressure off myself by not forcing myself to try to sleep. 

Your body will guide you as you heal!

• Posted

Hi Gerbear, you so accurately described how I also felt! I also found some guided meditation on you tube that I listen to.

How are you progressing?

Rhonda

• Posted

Perfect expression of my experience!  Ready for it to disappear. Still having lingering effects since November.  Can you be specific with which meditation you listen too?  Thanks so much 
    • Posted

Hey Tamra,

So sorry to hear you've been unwell with mono here, just want to reassure that you will get better and get through this. It really is awful to go through but you will get there. It took me a number of months but eventually I got better and the same will happen for you and those lingering effects will disappear completely - hang in there and just take each day as it comes.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Jomz,

I didn't have night sweats, but many other symptoms, it is a strange virus that's for sure. Plenty of rest and take as much time off as possible as the symptoms persist even after the contagious phase has passsed.

• Posted

Great advice as always Rhonda, Mono and Gerbear, hoping that you are all doing as well as can be expected today and definitely good words of advice to hold on to for everyone smile

Craig

• Posted

Thanks everyone.  Still feeling super sick and can't sleep.  Went to ER and they gave me some medicine to not sweat- hydroxizine.  Doesn't seem to be helping at all.  Slept for about 3 hours of the 10 I was trying last night.  I will try guided meditation.

Thanks!

• Posted

Hey Jomz,

Thinking about you and just want to write to reassure you that all this will pass over, it's a horrible phase of the virus you have been going through it really is. I don't think anyone can really understand how tough that is unless going through it. But this does settle down and heal in time, and the intensity most definitely eases even if it takes a bit longer to get your full strength and energy back.

Thinking about you and still fully believing in a total recovery for you - I know it's probably hard to see or comprehend at the moment, but hold onto hope and ask God to help and bring healing.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.