Night sweats

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 63 years old and had a complete abdominal hysterectomy over 15 years ago, I had no hormone replacement therapy after deciding to go into the menopause and get it over with which was uncomfortable but after about 4 years came through it OK.  However, over the last 3/4 months I have been suffering from horrendous night sweats to the point where I am having to dry myself down with a towel because I am running with sweat.  My doctor has put no importance on it and I have had no explanation as to why this is happening.  Please help it is awful.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you're going through this.  Because you have already gone through menopause such a long time ago without HRT (good for you, by the way),this condition may not be tied to lack of female hormones.  I would suggest that you get a referral to an endocrinologist.  There are many more hormones still in your body. Don't let your doctor fob you off!  Your body is trying to tell you something--and your doctor should listen, too. xx  

• Posted

I absolutely agree with Lynda. See an Endocrinologist...could possibly be your adrenals are fatigued and/ or your thyroid. If you don't like the answer the Endocrinologist gives you...then keep trying with others. I know here in Canada, there's a lot of Doctors, who brush things off and say it's all in your head, even though you know it's not. I've lived through it. You have to be your own advocate when it comes to your health. Hugs ?

• Posted

Hello Lyn

I'm surprised that your doctor is not investigating further.  Night sweats are often associated with menopause but they can also be a symptom of heart problems.  I'd investigate further to ensure that there is nothing serious.  You do not mention if you had ovaries removed.  It may be that if you didn't, that they are no longer functioning.

All the best. Lyn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.