Night Sweats and trouble sleeping

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I've noticed that the week before my period I get horrible night sweats and trouble sleeping in the middle of the night. Any recommendations on what to take to manage these symptoms?

I have PCOS and manage it with diet, exercise, inositol , primerose oil etc, however without fail the nights before my period are terrible.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Try and avoid or cut down on sugar, alcohol and caffeine around this time if you have any of them normally. Try vitamins B12 and D, since I started taking them my period symptoms aren't quite as bad, I was deficient in them. This time of year it is important to take vitamin d because of the lack of daylight and if you are deficient, which a lot of people are, it can really affect your mood and sleep cycles. Have you tried meditation? You can get apps that play calming sounds or someone talking to help you sleep. I have not tried them myself, but I have heard other people rave about them. Also have you tried yoga? if you go to some classes you can ask the teacher for advice on how to relax at night and gentle stretches and breathing exercises before bedtime.

• Posted

iv been taking evening primrose oil midcycle as i get really bad pms and nightsweats in the week before im due i have to admit iv noticed a big difference

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.