Night sweats any advice?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 50 in a few weeks time. I've been on eleste patches 40 mg for about 6 months which were helping but am now getting these sweats which wake me up in the early hours every night. It's swful. Any advice please x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. It may be that the  patches aren't strong enough for you, but super strength sage pills helped me for a while. Stopped the sweats until I started hrt. 

• Posted

Thanks I will try sage. I'll try anything. 430am I woke up this morning arrgghhh x

• Posted

Hi, I use 2,500mg sage tablets but I had to combine them with Menopol Plus supplements too. No longer have flushes or sweats but if I run out of either one they start again x
  • Posted

I am on amitriptyline. This was originally for vulvodynia but my GP said to stay on it because it helps with night sweats. She must be right because I was having them every few hours in the day, and one as soon as I got into bed but never woke up with them in the night. I know I was having them in the night because my hubby told me so (I get so hot and sweaty it wakes him up). They are dying down now and I only get one or two a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.