Night sweats have become worse.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been on this for several years on and off and always suffered from night sweats at certain times of the month. Recently the sweats have become worse to a point where the bedclothes are drenched. I know the sertraline is the cause as when I have not taken it, the sweats stop. Does anyone else have this - perhaps I need to try a different medication but are there any that don't have side effects?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I started taking these about a month ago and wow! How much sweat? smile if I wear a t shirt, I can wring it out the next day. When I get up, the 1st thing I do is put my pillow above the radiator to dry. Have tried various ssri's over the years.. All made me sweat, but this one a little more I think. Think it's a perfectly normal side effect.
  • Posted

I have been on sertraline and I also sweat alot more at night than in the day I do get it sometimes in the day as well. I thought it was only me until I read this post the only thing I have to watch is that I dont start panicking when I go hot.
  • Posted

i have been taking sertraline for sometime now,i was really worried about the bad sweats i had of a night at times i thought i had wet the bed . i really thought i was having a heart attack, the whole bed was wet including my pillows. this happens at some point during the night everynight. didn,t realize that this side affect was so common.reading the previews has helped me relax by knowing it is not just me going through this.it doesn,t help my illness having this side affect when i thought it was not a common complaint.hope everyone feels better soon..... nev
  • Posted

ni i have been on prozac and sertraline for 14 yrs i have sufferd from bad night sweats then i found a way to stop them i drink 2 cans of cold beer before going to bed and it stops my night sweats i no alcohol reduces body temp and it helps me sleep
  • Posted

Yeah I feel that a bottle of Vodka really helps

I sweat so badly on Sertraline that my fiance has demanded that we have separate covers in our bed!!! I tried it for 6 months and used to sweat most nights. I've just started it again as I came off too early last time and the night sweats are something I have just had to accept.

• Posted

Antidepressants mess with your thermostat as it increases your body's ability to uptake serotonin. You feel mental ly better, but too much and you sweat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.