Night sweats on Citlopram anyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi,

so last 3 weeks since being on 5mg i have started to have crazy night sweats insomnia. Get 2 hours sleep then wake up soaked. Been taking Ziplicone 3.75 most nights and it works but dont want to get addicted. The other pyschical symtoms ,akathesia, tight stomach, brain fog have decreased but the anxiety is still really bad some days. last 8 weeks i have been having some ok days then bad days so increased to 7mg to test the waters and my anxiety and feeling of dread has increased to nearly all day every day for the last 5 days, not sure if coinsidence . any thoughts if i should go stick it out?

thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mic

I've had all those symptoms since reducing, profuse sweating, restless legs, tight stomach, insomnia and many others. I'm currently on 5mgs from 10 and have been for about 7 months and still getting withdrawal symptoms.

It sounds like you've been experimenting with doses and I'm afraid that messes things up, it did for me.

Not sure if your on 5 or 7mgs but I'd stick with one dose and give it more time. How are you measuring 7mgs, liquid?

• Posted

hi Sonia,

i reinstated 2 months ago and suppose did do the classic hesitation and updosed but noticed i couldnt handle at the time it so i have stuck to 5mg for 6 weeks till 5 days ago. alot of my withdrawel symtoms have ie the passed- shakes, tightchest, headaches only the night sweats have remained. the main issue was a relapse in my anxiety so thats why i went to 7mg and have had constant anxiety since. i respect these pills heighten anxiety definalty feel much worse then when i was on 5mg but maybe its a coinsidence i am not sure.

as for measureing i use scales and shave a bit off. i got liquid cit but scared to switch over as for potential transiction issues.

• Posted

Hi Mic

That's great news that some of your symptoms have gone. Sometimes a tweak in dosage can make all the difference. It's normal to have heightened anxiety at first when you up your dose but it will pass.

With the liquid citalopram, you probably know already, but it is more potent than the tablet form.

For example a 10 mg tablet is equivalent to 8mg of liquid form which is 4 drops.

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction, that's really good to hear.😊

• Posted

its only more potent as the tablets contain lots of fillers, ive done a lot of research and been told that a drop is 2mg its just purer x

• Posted

hi toria,

hope all is well? i have lasted 5 days and cant handle 7mg starting to get all my old symtoms chest, pains, shakes, anxiety thought i could stick it out as i know they can subdue but the physical symtoms with no sleep is way to much. shocked its only 2mg more glad i didnt go bk up to 10mg bit annoyed i was actually doing ok before up the dose but had inconsistant days so docter said maybe go up.

• Posted

aw mic god bless you, i know the feeling, its so frustrating, ive learnt the hard way doctors know very little about these drugs, hopefully youll settle back on 5mgs quite quickly! i never underestimate these pills as like i said i have to reduce by 2mgs a year and still get brutal withdrawal (not everyone does) and i have previously gone cold turkey off others, keeping everything crossed your symptoms ease fast x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.