Night Time Arrhythmia - Paint Around my Body Next Day

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, am 38 years now, since like 7 years I started to suffer from Skipped heart beats when I start sleeping, then gradually I started to feel pain around my body when I wake you...I think it is because the skipped heart beat frequency increased in a way that made my circulation not effective at night time.

ECG and Echocardiogram results are Good, as well as the Blood test results. 24 hours holter  showed  my heart speeding at time....while sleeping but nothing else..

The circulation pain really increased around my body lately and sometime it stays with me till evening.

Obviously it is strongly related stress and anxiety as when I go vacation by the beach, sometimes it disappear for few month.

Some doctors tell me not to worry at all about your symptoms!, and others put me on inderal 10 for sometime, it helps little but it is not perfect. Also they advice doing exercise.. .

Does this pattern sounds familiar? Any advice how to lower my symptoms as it seems to persists even when I try to lower my stress..

My only problem is the pain around my body next day...which some doctors did not seem to care about or recognize!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi @amro, I don't really know what to say except I've been fighting this stuff too for at least seven years, and, well, we're both still here, aren't we?  Doctors are no use, they just shrug and say everyone's got something and they're not going to worry about it.  Truth is they just don't have much to give us, unless and until it causes us to fall over or have a stroke or something.  Cardiologists never really care about any patient who can walk into the office under their own power!

Check your blood pressure of course, high BP makes it ten times worse, and they *do* have ways of treating that, LOL!

• Posted

I have afib and since i have been on 240 mg of cardizam I started having palpitations, especially at night. Changed my meds to propafenone 225 mg twice a day, still have afib, but the palpitations are worse at night and also occur during the day,  So now I'm back on cardizem but a lower dosage, My pulse drops to below 40 at night. and goes over 100 when I do stairs. My cardiologist is going to put in a pacemaker to keep my heart beat normal and hopefully my meds  can be increased to stop the afib, Still don't know if this will help the palpitations, skipped beats. But everyone says that can't hurt you.It's really hard to sleep with all the palpitations and they are so strong at night it's scary. Guess there is still a lot to find out about the heart. 

• Posted

marita, sorry to hear of your problems, I know how scared I get trying to sleep when lying in bed only seems to make them worse!  But I guess we can stand a lot of that after all.

Just a comment that 100 pulse when you do stairs is perfectly OK, might even go higher normally if you weren't on the various drugs.

Hope the pacemaker does the job for you, I guess they're pretty good these days, if it comes to that.

• Posted

Actually the rapid pulse and shortness of breath was a side effect of the one drug.  Also had 4 - 6 seconds when my heart stopped-- so the pacemaker is the answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.