Night time pain

Posted , 17 users are following.

I've had frozen shoulder for about 4 months now, due to being asthmatic cannot take anti inflammatories and GP says without pain medication physio will be too painful so i'm just left in pain at the moment, day time is not too bad unless I move arm suddenly then the pain is excruciating along the nerve, main problem is night time,  other shoulder is also sore ( but still have movement) so lying on either side is painful ( i'm supported by about 4 pillows at the moment)  also after about 3-4 hours if  I move I wake up due to pain across the collarbone which is very painful if I move.. anybody found a sleep solution .... exhausted 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Taffypot

Here's my input. i am now getting better and stronger with my frozen shoulder. i had the cortisone shot but didn't help me at all. i slept on the sofa for 5 months with a pillow wedged down the side of me to rest my arm on. i had a heating pad, microwaveable long and thin about 18" by 4" that has been my saving grace woke up every 1 1/2 hours and just kept heating it up again. id stand up as well ad do a few exercises. i did try the physio but to be honest found it too hard because I was still in the freezing stage. I scoured the internet willing to try anything and finally found Dr Adam Field. you can youtube him he has 2 very simple videos. he does the exercises with you and is very encouraging. they have helped me so much. once you start thawing the pain goes away. I started freezing up in March of last year very very slowly then by June /July it was the worst. The end of October i started easing up very very slightly and with the videos i've gotten stronger. my arm has decent mobility reaching around my back is still difficult but at one time i couldn't even comb my hair or put it in a ponytail. i can now do that!

cut a long story short the heat really helped. Tried acupuncture slight relief but only for a few days. i do go to the chiropractor and that helps. take a look a Dr Field please.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.