Night time upper right quadrant pain. Like a stich. Anyone else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

All,

in short I've had pain under my right ribs in my upper right abdomen for a few months that only happens at night. I've seen 4 different doctors and none seem concerned to even send me for tests etc.

It often wakes me up and feels like a stich. Once I get up and walk around it goes and I am fully functional during the day. I often go for 10 mile runs and it has never got close to keeping me off work. Just can be a little tires at times due to lack of sleep.

I do get acid reflux, but gaviscon before bed (instructed by my doctor) sorts that out. I also try not to eat at night and eat a much better diet.

My weight is canstant, my stools are normal, energy levels fine.

I have given up smoking and smoked 5 cigarettes a day. My lungs are fine according to all the doctors and I can run with no issues despite having mild asthma.

It's just this stich pain under my tight ribs pretty much every night.

I recently had blood tests and all was fine,

I personally wonder if it's my gallstones, but all doctors think it's muscle related.

Just looking for some answers as it really doesn't help with the anxiety. Yes, I have health anxiety also.

Thanks,

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What have your doctors said about the gallstones?
    • Posted

Hi Pippa, that it's not any of my organs! 3 doctors have done adoninal checks with hands etc and no pain at all or swellings. Just the pain at night.

• Posted

Have you had an ultrasound of your gallbladder and a HIDA scan to confirm this and what about tests for h pylori and gastritis?
  • Posted

I am also having Sametime as your ..did blood work hpylori ultra scan for organ stones ..all are negative..going for endoscopy..I am not what is going to relief..omeprazole didnt work at all..even eroom didn't give relief from pain ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.