Nightmare getting off seroxat !

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking seroxat for a little over 4 years.. 20mg a day but for the last 3 months I have been taking my medication every 48 hours instead of every 24 hours.. i started suffering from panick attacks and axiety and the nausea I get is unbearable at times.. I am stil determined to lean off this drug and will be taking 10mg every 48 hours instead of 20mg.. is this a good way to come off this drug ? Any suggestions that can help with the extreme nausea ? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Im 4 days off it and feeling awful, was on 20mg for 6 years, lowered my dose to 10mg about 3 or 4 week ago and then just stopped 4 day ago.

Im going at it like a bull in a china shop though!.. I guess I can either feel a bit crappy for a long time with tapering or a lot crappy for a shorter period with just stopping.

Im through with it! It served me well 6 years ago and I guess its easy to forget how it pulled me round so Im not gonna hate on it but man it's awful... 7 in 10 have no noticable withdrawal effects other than maybe a milf flu like symptom for a coupe of days... Either I'm an unlucky 3 in 10 or someone been telling porkies. Good luck!.. 

• Posted

heyy.. I am actually on 5mg per day at the moment and coping well.. (rather than 20mg every 48 hours) I hope I will be able to just continue cutting it down slowly ! Good luck and I am sure you will manage !!! Same here.. I cannot hate on it cause when i needed it it worked wonders !! I just wish it didnt have to have sooo many withdrawal symtoms ! The mistake I did was skipping a full day than taking the dose.. apparently its bad to cut off seroxat on alternative days.. !! oh well will see.. 
    • Posted

Yeah I read somthing about the day skipping not being an option, I quit work 30 mins early today and went home to get some sleep, just woke now and feel pretty good, I tend to feel ok when I wake then the fog slowly moves in, intensifying over the the day. Onward and upward! smile
    • Posted

so this would be your 5th day off now or 6th ? I am curious as too how long the symtoms will last ! youre doing great though so just keep pushing through smile !! 
    • Posted

Saturday was the last time I took it so coming up for a week, my main symptom is like a sinus headache, lot of pressure around the temples and behind my nose and ears, muggy head, sickly nausea pretty much constant. And whooshing in my ears like pressure in car when the window is open on the motorway. I thought today may have been a little easier than the previous two days but that was wishful thinking. Sleeping eases it temporarily but within 30 mins of waking the symptoms are back.

Will keep you updated.

• Posted

yeah I know the feeling sad ! horrible.. !! but youre doing well.. so just keep pushing through I guess.. always hoping symptons will start to decrease !

Next week I will probably try reduce my dose to even less than 5mg a day. I am getting anxiety and slight panick attacks though.. ! Will see.. hope your weekend was bareable !!

• Posted

Symptoms are subsiding, the headaches and nausia is only coming on later in the day, sunday monday there was a little anxiety and probably I was a touch angrier and intolerant but as the week goes on its getting better..

The good thing now thou is I am starting to see benefits of not being on them, clearer head, not as hungry, and various other side effects have subsided, some of them I wasnt really aware of until the last few days.

All in all very very happy about Paroxetine free for over a week and no chance Im going back there!.. 

• Posted

oh yes.. angrier.. i get that alot too and people dont understand that hey its not cause I wanna be this annoyed but I cannot help it ! 

I am soo happy for you though ! Gives me even more courage to get off them asap !! Keep it up !! Are you from the UK ? I come from the tiny island of Malta ! 

• Posted

forgot how many weeks it is now, could work it out but not going to, very happy to be off, all physival side effects have gone, head feels clearer, I do worry a little more and am slighlty more irritable, only slightly on both counts and am aware of it so can control it, slight anxiety again nothing major, just happy to not be taking the pills anymore.

So in conclusion, seroxat is out of my life for good and I am happy about it and as of this moment bar from the horrible WD effects for a few weeks would say that the scare stories of long term withdrawal must not effect everyone. Hopfully only a small few, the short term withdrawal symptoms are in fact very true and I seriously doubt I was one of the 3 out of 7, I think that 10 out of 10 will suffer WD effects albeit of varyig intensity!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.