Nightmares about hsv2

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve been having night mares almost every night since I was diagnosed, mostly about ppl exposing the fact that I have the disease, or important people acting different toward me or leaving me... any suggestions on how to help subside these bad dreams? it’s been about a week/week and a half maybe and I’m having such a hard time dealing with this!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi sharon, hsv 1 or 2? igg or igm?
    • Posted

Hsv 2 I haven’t had blood taken, swab confirmed!
  • Posted

igg or igm,?
    • Posted

Not sure I didn’t get my labs drawer to determine that yet 
  • Posted

Hope you have woken up from your nightmare and have started a happy dream. This virus is far from happy buy you can choose to be happy as it isn't a life or death trauma.

There are many ways to cope. If you need support, this is a great place.

Happiness will find you again ?

• Posted

I’m newly diagnosed less than 2 months ago with genital herpes so I know how you are feeling. I would have thoughts and visions of people grabbing up their kids in stores when I walked by like I had a giant H on my forehead. I had some deep and dark thoughts that I’ve never had in my life.  The look on my mom’s face or the face of my friends if they found out,etc. One day I was driving to work and started thinking about it and had a thought of just driving myself off a bridge to just end it all. It was bad but for me I was more concerned about what others would think or say then the virus itself. Today I can say that I’m in a much better place emotionally. When you research and  realize just how common this is and how some of your friends and/or family may also have this you will relax some. You are not alone!! People just don’t openly talk about it!! I encourage you to go thru those emotions and let them pass so you can get back to being your fabulous self!! 😀

• Posted

Thank you, you have no idea what your words mean to me, i just want to break down but always try so hard to keep myself together. One of my family or friends know so i I’ve no one to talk to i feel so sad and miserable 
    • Posted

Keep smiling and know Just Me 2017 has hit the nail on the head in so many ways. This virus is life changing but overall not that bad, we find ways to cope. It takes time to absorb all the information and which information works best for you.

Stay well ♡

• Posted

You’re welcome, go ahead and cry...let it all out. But remember that the pain will pass and you’ll be fine!! I haven’t told anyone but the guy i was dating when I found out I had this. His response was soooo negative and downright hateful....so, having to learn I have a lifetime disease and him immediately ending things had me in a very dark place. But I had to go thru those emotions and now I’m able to smile and laugh again. Life’s not over!! Sometimes I feel like I’m keeping this big secret when I’m usually an open person but that’s ok too. This virus has caused me to pause and shift my thinking when it comes to men and relationships and that’s a great thing. Be encouraged! 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.