Nightmares and Halucinations

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been getting vivid nightmares on this medication and a feeling of being touch and held before falling asleep and when waking. Also getting a weird pulse feeling every 10 seconds that i can hear in my ears.

Im scared of sleep , I went to the 24 hours doctors and was given the treatment like whatever a beta blocker doesn't have such a side effect and you're just loopy oh and you have severe depression and anxietygo see your psych instead. Its not a mental Health Issue , They had no interest in reading the side effect info i had brought them and instead treated me like a nut job. I feel more helpless now then i did before.

I dont know how i will fare with my gp as she is a brick wall with a her way or no way attitude.

These nightmares and hallucinations and the constant pulses are frightening to me. I was put on proprnolol for migraines , Im deciding on my own to stop the medication cold turkey and look into a new doctor who listens to me , Im also reluctant to ever use the ed or 24 hour doctors ever again after being treated like i was some loony whack job.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, just read your post and felt I had to write. Horrible to be made to feel you are going nuts! I do question why some people go for a medical profession when they have no natural people/caring skills. I hope this helps...I'm on 40mg propranolol 3xday...for Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia. I was on Bisoprolol but suffered a whole year of daily headaches. Wasn't aware that propranolol was given to help people who suffered with migraines ( something that I had off and on for years) so agreed to change to that which did the same job for the PAT but relieved me of the constant headaches. Bonus! I did wonder why I wasn't put on it from the start. Maybe cost? I have been on it for quite some time now and get regular weird dreams, nightmares (not hallucinations) and in the past few weeks have a constant sound in my ear/head like a buzzing ..or maybe as you describe a sort of pulsing. I'm sure my hearing isn't as sharp as it was so maybe I'm getting slightly deaf and need to get that checked out. When we go on different medications they come with information including possible side effects but from my experience some doctors are very dismissive when you question anything. Obviously everyone is different but we know what and how we feel and should be listened to. It's difficult too if you are on several meds to know which is the cause of what. I am happy ...well, ok...about staying on Propranolol as it's doing the job it's meant to but I do believe the bad dreams...along with sometimes feeling very cold...are some of the side effects. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Posted

Thank you Debra you made an unhappy night just a bit more better : ) Im going to try find a new doctor who does listen to me. I had a wonderful one in the past but he went back to South Africa , He was the type to listen to me right through and set up a game plan and to try different things and rule out what works and what doesn't and he never treated me like a child and always had a good relationship , We would even talk gaming.

My current doctors does none of that and gives me the eyes rolling in the back of the head treatment and treats me like im dumb and refuses to work with me and try suggestions i think could help out and just says its either you do what i tell you or you tough it out and live with it. When my anxiety was at its worst it took me balling my eyes out jus to get clonazopam for relief from my panic attacks and even then it was like 8 pills and then back to toughing it out again.

• Posted

I have been on propranolol for 30+ years and it serves me well though I do get the pulsing in the ears especially if I stand up too quick. There are alternatives out there so I would speak to your doctor. If u don’t get anywhere then go to a different doctor. Steer clear of Bisprolol it has horrible side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.