Nightmarest

Posted , 3 users are following.

wonder if anyone is having nightmares every night.  My son has gone up to 50 mg twice a day, is even more anxious and short tempered. Sleeping troublesome due to nightmares.  He's been prescribed quetiapine for personality disorder, and is 47 years old.  Any tips please, difficult times for him, these are not helping.  Good luck to you all.  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The subject should have read NIGHTMARE,!   I'm finding it a nightmare trying to type on this forum, so slow.....grrrr !   

• Posted

Hi Pauline, am on aripiprazole antipsychotic and when I increased got nightmares. I still find I sometimes get them, but the drug works for me. Whenyou First increase you feel anxious, but it passes. Just takes time. All the best. Lou x
  • Posted

Hello.  100mg a day is a low dose.  Are they going to state in increase?  For myself, I am on 400mg a day plus other phycotopic drugs.  However I find Quitiapine to be a very relaxing drug and I have a good sleep every night.  I do hhve nightmares but they tend to happen when I am anxious about something.  If you feel that they are not doing any good, or making matters worse, then book an apppintment and get his drugs changed.  There are other anti psycotic drugs out there and some good mood stabalisers too.

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you Martyn.  He is constantly anxious and even told the psychiatrist he was frustrating as he was so chilled and slow.....  He just can't settle and relax.  He has gone up a level to 200 a day now but no one is monitoring him, he just gets repeats from his g.p.  Mental health needs to be taken a lot more seriously.   All the best to you too, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.