Nighttime episodes of body temp loss, severe shaking, and severe gasping for breath

Posted , 4 users are following.

For two nights in a row last week I awoke at 1 am freezing cold, severely shaking, and gasping for breath. BP and heart rate increase. It lasted 45 min each time! I spent 3 days in hospital having things ruled out. It is not heart related. Following up with GI outpatient. Gallbladder tested fine.

Has anyone experienced these symptoms?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

have you had a d-dimer blood test to check for a pulmonary embolism or emboli? Do you have any other symptoms in the day?

• Posted

No test. Did find small spot after chest xray. F U with pulmonary and GI. All quiet for now.

• Posted

A chest xray very rarely shows a PE, it is usually diagnosed with a chest ct with contrast. But usually a d-dimer would indicate if you need one or not.

• Posted

Have you had infections ruled out? Feeling cold, sounds like a temperature.

• Posted

No infections detected yet. Never did have a fever.

• Posted

What was said about the small spot after the chest X Ray?

• Posted

Do not know. F U appt sched with pulmonary.

• Posted

I would ask your doctor at your follow up appointment to get answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.