NIGTMARES!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am 50 years old.I am having  horrible menopausal symptoms.  i am having nightmares inbetween.Is it part of menopausal phase.I am really confused with my symptoms.Today itself I had nightmare and since then i am profusely sweating followed by tiredness.Sometimes I am perfectly fine but sometimes all these symptoms make me feel low.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello, yes nightmares and unwanted thoughts are normal in perimenopause from what I have read. It is one of worst symptoms that I have had because after this happens my anxiety and fear kick in. I always remind myself its these dang hormones. I hope that you can relax and get some rest. Take care!
  • Posted

I just came off HRT and after 3 weeks my symptoms have returned post menopausal. U just bought femarelle was told at Holland and Barrett that it is very good. I hope it works as my anxiety has set off again and I hope to be able to function again. Night sweats are gross and I wake up early.

Anxiety makes me feel low and I trt my best be positive. I hope it works as many women swear by it. Why don't GPS prescribe it more? Problem is pharmaceutical companies would lose out. At least this is natural and won't cause issues.

• Posted

I was on Femarelle for two weeks and it did great- but now suddenly I got my period, after a year. I will see my gynie this week. Always something...

I hate anxiety. I have it with health related for family and self. I am trying hard to be positive and practising being grateful consciously. Hope you get a good night's sleep.

• Posted

I have been post menopausal for 3 years. I stopped HRT and still no sign of any bleeding. From the reviews I have read it seems to help lots of women. I am hoping it will help me. My perimenopause was triggered due to the loss of my baby boy followed by the break down of my marriage at 37, so hopefully all will be well. Anxiety runs in my family and I take citalopram for it nonetheless someone's life get overwhelming.

We need to keep strong.

• Posted

OH MY. That is heartbreaking. It must be terribly difficult dealing with this all. I am about to leave but will come on later. Hugs and support from afar.
    • Posted

What cream is it? Anything to help me be able to function and keep positive.
  • Posted

Hi swaran, yes, nightmares are a part of the hormonal changes we go through. I had them too, made me not want to go back to sleep. Try not to dwell on them or give them any thought because you know it will never happen. The nightmares will eventually go away.
  • Posted

I don't think its a nightmare when yiu r sleeping, its living with this so called natural change of life.

• Posted

omg I have just posted on another post about me having unsettling dreams the last month or so but the last four nights i have had dreams of either my daughter or my self being chased, stalked or like last night my mum who has passed was so upset with me and wouldnt talk to me and i couldnt work out why 
  • Posted

When I had my ovaries out due to family history, I was obviously put straight into menopause and for the first few weeks had really scary dreams, must have been hormone related because never had them before like that, thankfully they did stop! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.