Nil Points

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have taken almost two weeks to post this as I am utterly appalled at the process of assessing people who need help, those who are suffering every day and get little or no respite from pain and worry, and the utter contmpt we are treated with when we beg for help so we can pay others to do our chores etc.  I had my assessment with a 'lovely smiling young famle' who reassured me she was listening to my, understanding how difficult was for me and could empathise with having to rely on another person to do the things that come so easily for most people such as washign and dressing yourself.  I got so upset in the assessment when I actually told her the difficulties I was having and how this affected my abiltiy to carry out a normal life.  I was angry with myslef for crying but I was so full of pain and emotion I couldn't help it.  So in her opinion not being able to peel, chop and cook vegetables, having to have someone wash and dry my hair, havin gsomoen to do up my buttons and zips, having someone do all my cleaning and wshing because I have no energy or strength to grip a washcloth or broom, she thinks I deserve ZERO POINTS.  I could go on and on about how my life is limited by Fibromyalgia and that I am awaitng an appointment with a Neurologist to rule out MS but appretnyl I am perfectly OK.  I have of course asked for a reconsideration and I am going to my GP for a letter.  Good luck to you all and God bless these assessors and give them some compassion.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i got the same ,, no points ,, im fighting it at tribunal hun ,, well peed off xx
    • Posted

Had my appeal decision today. After waiting since June 2016 (30) weeks, I have been awarded the standard rate for daily living component. I would advise everyone to gather as much information as possible including hospital appointment letters and support letter from your GP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.