Nipple discharge, extremely sore nipples, left breast and armpitpit.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Quite worried about this now and should have probably seen my GP sooner!

For the last 2 years on and off i've had extremely sore, unbearably itchy nipples that discharge a clear liquid; which has caused them to look like they have a rash on them (always embarrassing). I had always thought it was something to do with my contraceptive pill, but I came off of it over a year ago now and it is has gradually become worse. Also always have very painful breasts, especially the left one and a painful left armpit. Additionally, 2 years ago i had a pea sized cyst in my left breast close to my nipple that the GP just gave me a steroid cream for and did eventually reduce in size, but sometimes can faintly feel it still.

Whenever i have googled all these symptoms or used symptom checker breast cancer comes up! Am planning on seeing the GP but wondered if this sounds right to anyone and should i be this worried?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You mustn't just plan to see your doctor, you MUST see your doctor.  The chances are it's a hormone thing which might be put right quite easily.  Many years ago I had VERY painful breasts and they were lumpy as well.  I saw a hospital consultant and him and the breast nurse both recommended Evening Primrose Oil capsules.  There is an active ingredient in the capsules, called GLA (gamma linolenic acid) and you have to take a specific dose of GLA = 240mg a day.  The consultant said that it was important to take the capsules for at least four months to flood the body with the GLA and I did this by buying some EPO capsules that had 80mg in each capsule and took three a day for four months and it was miraculous, the pain just disappeared and I've never had it back since.  I have also had two lumps, a little one that was mobile under the skin and was diagnosed as a thing called a breast mouse, harmless but had a little operation to remove it.  The other lump was bigger and the consultant stuck a needle in it and drained off some horrible gunge and said it was a cyst and hopefully it wouldn't come back and I haven't had it back since.   Having said all this, you MUST go and see your doctor as I never had a discharge, although I did have the itch. The only way to get peace of mind is to get them checked sooner rather than later, please go to your doctor.
  • Posted

The advice above is heat so please follow it and see your GP.

You can also ring these people, they are great for putting minds at rest, helping you know what is normal and what is not as well as having some great leaflets.

Breast cancer care -Free Helpline

0808 800 6000

Our regular Helpline hours are:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm

Saturday, 10am-2pm

Please note: We are closed on English bank holidays

Our free, confidential Helpline is here to answer any questions about breast cancer or breast health.

Calls are answered by nurses and trained staff with experience of breast cancer. Whatever your concern, you can be confident we’ll understand the issues you might be facing, and that the information you’ll receive is clear and up to date.

We will also let you know where else you can go for further support and information.

• Posted

I hope you've made your appointment at the doctors looshilulu. Take care x
  • Posted

Got an appointment this morning and the GP doesn't immediately think it's cancer but is referring me to the breast clinic in the next few weeks to be sure. She said its a good sign that i've had this problem for a long while though so hopefully will just be hormone related smile Thank you all for helping to give me the push I needed to get the ball rolling! Xxx
    • Posted

So pleased lala. Hope the doctor put your mind at rest. Take care and keep in touch

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.