Nirtriptyline and Citalpram combination

Posted , 2 users are following.

Started taking 10mg Citalpram 4 days ago for severe anxiety and panic attacks and have been on Nortripyline 100mg for 3 years for IBS, a bit weary of the combo as the Internet says not to take together, but also read serotonin syndrome will happen within 2 hours of increase or new drug. Anyone have any issues with taking this combo? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i take Amytryptalene 50mg and Citalopram 20mg, Rosie, same groups. I have no problem, although we are all different and we need to allow time for the medications to work in unison.

Sometimes depending on where you get your information it is better to check on NHS CHOICES site, they explain medications there and that may be the best place to go.

I also take Opiates and NsId medications with above and have few associated side effects, I would imagine these drugs may settle your mood and relax your IBS ????. Still not happy after allowing a few weeks see you GP and explain your problems with this combination

BOB

• Posted

Thank you Bob, I have been fine so far and it's day 4, I will try not to Google the subject to much as it probably makes matters worse! 😁

• Posted

Rosie

Please leave Google alone I will chat with you instead 

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.