Nissan done in June and having issues need advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my Nissan fundolopaction done at the end of June 2016 but been having acid taste in mouth and feeling it in my throats and sometimes burning in my stomach the pain has got worser over the past months and so has the bloating after food and drink and so has the lightheadedness, it's come to the point when I get light headed I end up sitting on the floor cause it's the only thing that seems to help atm I've been throwing up slightly acid mixed with flem not huge amounts and been gagging a lot and hiccuping and then gagging within a second of each other so end up with acid sick in my mouth and my surgent is sure that I havnt got my reflux back because he's never had a patient come back to him with these issues so early after the operation? Has anybody had the same troubles or anything cause it's driving me mad that he doesn't seem to believe me and also had a barean meal (swallowed chalk drink thing not good at spelling) and that came back clear but I know for sure I can taste and feel acid

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had operation in August. I too have been getting acid taste in mouth again and kept trying to be sick off and on . Reaching realy badly . Only once physicalyou manage to be actually sick just bit acid. Last time think bit food got stuck was typing to be violently sick from 8pm right through non stop till 11pm. Went back to Dr just before Xmas 23 dec to be exact . No my normal Dr she refered me on urgent referal back to see my surgon. Put me back on Lanzopzol morning and night as said could be bit acid. Band alcohol and all the other normal stuff to avoid. Still keep trying to be sick on and off so back to see another Dr not my normal one as couldn't get appointment. This Dr said continue with Lanzopzol and gave me some domperidone to take before meal 3 times a day which seams to help especially with bad pain I was getting middle of bottom ribs. Said help food moving through body .hope helps till get to see surgon. He also sent me for blood test for liver function Thyroid function full bloodsize and so on .all came back satisfactory got copy of results to show surgon as have appointment on 2nd March not been able to eat very well either. Dr said he thinks definitely need to have barium and or cam down throat again. I said think go stait for camping as barium never show up problem property before operation ended up haveing to have cam. Hope I will get some answers from surgon. As hate feeling like this .though all would be sorted after operation and be off all tables. Have friends wedding to go to in June but not looking forward to it as think won't be able to eat food and can't drink so not going to be much fun . Especially if still feeling sick as have to travel for it too. Sorry bit long winded but thought might help if you haveing same sort problem. My Surgon did say I had very bad acid reflux and did the wrap quite tight.Have to see what he suggests. Hope you get answers and are feeling better soon. Don't let them bluff you off you know how you feel and they need to help you get it sorted .... Good luck hope all works out for you ....

• Posted

That really does sound terrible it really does I hope you get sorted soon and makes you think was it worth going threw tbh and I'm on nexium and radattien but doesn't touch it and my doctors say I'm on the highest which I don't believe hahaha, and my surgent seems to think that cause he hasn't had anybody come back to him within the time I have in 22 years that it's not real which is bang out. I really do hope you get better soon

• Posted

Hope you get answers too.

I will let you know what surgon suggests after see him on 2nd March. Hopefully we will get answers soon. Feel bit better this week as cold nearly gone and touch wood not been trying to be sick so far this week. So tablet must be helping some what for the moment anyway. Keep you up date in few days .

Take care

• Posted

Thankyou it's nice to know that we're not in this horrible situation alone tbh

And fingers crossed for and good luck with your surgent x

• Posted

So pleased you are feeling better,as I said earlier it takes time, but I must admit when you feel ill all the time you feel as if it will never end, but hopefully you have turned the corner. Take care and yes please let me know how you get on when you have your Dr appointment.
  • Posted

I am sorry you are having so many problems, but I have read alot of people seem to have trouble after that op ,are you still taking acid medication, remember you have had major surgery and it must take quite a while for it to settle. I know what you mean about Drs not believing what you say to them. I have suffered reflux IBS bile reflux and hiatus hernia for many years and now find the medication doesn't help,I am waiting for an appointment to be accessed for Stretta treatment. I also have that horrible light headed feeling and lots of other's I have read that the PPI tablets can cause magnesium deficiency and dizziness is just one of the side effects. Sorry I can't be much help but once again your only option is to return to your Dr , I know how futile it can be but unfortunately it's the only option. I do hope you start to feel the benefits soon of your op, take care.

• Posted

Yeah still on my acid tablets the same ones as before the operation and tbh I wish I never went threw with it cause when you feel sick it hurts when gag and you just need it to come up to feel better Sod's law I gusse, and light headedness is the worset but I do remember before I had the operation that the doctors say that acid could cause it don't know how true that is though but I hope you get sorted soon and Thankyou for your help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.