Nissan Fundoplication Surgery

Posted , 10 users are following.

For 2 years I dealt with GERD! I was in & out the hospital with TEST after TEST! Put to sleep numerous times to get tested on my esophagus, I have FULLY lost my voice and I'm now in VOICE THERAPY to get my voice back because the acid shut down my vocal chords, NO MEDICATIONS worked! It ended up turning into Severe GERD that lead to Barrett's Esophagus.

I had the surgery on July 10th! I was so in pain and sore afterwards. I have 5 laparoscopic cuts on my belly from the surgery. However the up side is GERD is gone meaning I haven't had anymore flux. HOWEVER the down side is the tightness in the stomach especially if you eat something wrong, I'm on s FULL liquid diet for 3 months, losing MAJOR weight, EXCESSIVE GAS from the lower end, frustration and depression not to mention your often tiresome from not being able to get the nutrients you need. It's a great surgery to get as a last resort which it was for me. But research this surgery and be ready for the trade offs! I'm glad I got it but I regret it at the same time! I just want my life and voice back and I wanna eat like a normal person again!!! >>I WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I just had my op 5 day ago and to be fair I have some tenderness in the belly but no other problems and I can eat anything but not alot of it is this normal as evey one else sales to have problems I this normal iam worid iam 32
  • Posted

20th February 2017 operation date full fundoplication

I previously had the half wrap due to my IBS symptoms, the surgeon decided it would be the best option as he didn't want to perform the full as he thought it may stop me from eating properly, I agreed and had this done 2.5years ago...my symptoms then crepted back slowly till fully returned and causing me discomfort again so he discussed with me the full wrap!! So agreed again so had the op done on the date mentioned above

27/2/17 I'm now at home recovering from the op, I do get gurgling and little burps. I can't eat as much as previously as my tummy tightens slightly and tells me when to stop. I do think the surgery is worth it you just have to be patient and do everything they tell u to, to recover properly.

Best decision I ever made was to have the op

Can anyone tell me do u end up eating as u did before? Xx

• Posted

Has anybody had a single stitch removed to alleviate a very tight 360 degree wrap? I just wondered whether this is likely to work & whether there are any undesirable side effects? 

Thanks in advance 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.