Nissan/Lynx

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I"m seriously concidering surgery as I can't do this any more. I have been doing loads of reserch on surgeons and Mr S Wajed seems to be one if not the best . Does anyone have experience with him , if so how did it all go ? 

Thanks in antisipation.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Seriously think hard about having the Nissan I had it done last year worst decision of my life I have had nothing but trouble and now I have to still take the medication as I did before the operation
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that , my queston  is who did the surgery?

I firmly believe the outcome is very much determined by the surgeon who performs it .

• Posted

sadly non of the medication or ilfe style changes ( and i have been so srict on them ) are helping at all 
    • Posted

They didn't tell me anything apart from bloating not been able to vomit or burp

What I have ended up with is all sorts of pains in the shoulders back bloating that is so painful you have to go to bed then a lump developed in my throats that drains you and the only way I get relief from it is to eat or sleep so a massive weight gain which I don't want I went to ent I was told it was an enzyme from the stomach that sits in the throat and I will need to take gaviscon advanced for the rest of my life but that didn't help so I went back to ent and I was told it was thrush and I will have to go on ppis for the rest of my life so now I am waiting to see the consultant as I have made a complaint as I want it reversed now

• Posted

I was told by my gp he was the best in his field and he was very nice after the surgery I saw him in the outpatient department and he discharged me and said if you need me or anything your not happy with just call me I am always at the end of the phone he never got back answered any of my calls

His name is mr sedman

• Posted

I'm so very very sorry to hear that it must be beyond awful for you. Thank you for taking the time to get back to me. I truly hope you get it all sorted. How long ago was your surgery ? 

• Posted

The surgery took about three hours after the operation it was about 8 weeks on soft food then when I got back to eating normally I felt great no acid it was great that was in oct and it was nice to eat normal food that I wouldn't have normally been able to eat the it just went from bad to worse my gp was saying it caused by silent acid I just could not believe it that I had put myself through this major operation and I was back to square one but worse

There are a lot of people on here who have had the same and also in the same position then there are other people who say they have just had it done and they feel great so did I when I had the operation

Hope it helps you just be sure that this is what you want because they don't like reversing it this we're I am at now fighting the NHS hope this makes sense

• Posted

I would ask for a second opinion don't just go with what he says.

• Posted

Hi Jane

I've no idea with regards to surgeon. Surgery is not an option to me unless I go private, luckily the meds seem to keep the worst under control

• Posted

Hi Mike.

I have heard such good things about him but just wanted to know if anyone had personal experience, it is however like many of the forums whilst they are amazing for info and the people on then such help it seems once your better (hopefully ) you dont use them smile so I guess I mamy not hera anything . 

• Posted

Hi Jane

I have never heard of your surgeon but I can say I had the Nissen in September and it was the best decision I have ever made.

I actually feel like I am getting my life back.

Just need to get back the gym now to see how it goes.

Hope you find someone who can give you some feedback on your surgeon.

Good luck

Louise

• Posted

Thank you so much Louise . It really helps to hear. I cant go on as I am I have lost 2 stone in less that 13 weeks ( quiet happy with that but dont want to loose any more ). And I'm rather fed up especialy as its been Christmas and I sat there with a bit of chicken and boiled veg smile 

How was the recovery? it does seem to be a long road but one I'm prepare to take .

• Posted

My op was on 23rd September and my aim was to eat my Xmas dinner - I managed half and saved the rest for Boxing Day haha.

My recovery has been great. I saw my surgeon yesterday and he was pleased with everything and I am going back in three months for a 6 month check. It hurt a bit eating afterwards and I did the liquid diet followed by the soft diet which was all fine. The only think that I have trouble eating at the moment are bananas as they are a bit painful but it is improving each week.

I had the 360 wrap so I have been told unless it comes undone I shouldn't get any reflux and I have been off all medication since the day before my operation.

I just need to get my fitness back up now and have had the ok to go back the gym so will be starting off slowly as I don't want to risk anything happening.

I was back at work after 4 weeks but they were really good with me as I have the option to work from home too which helped.

Before my op i just wanted to sleep all the time and felt sick constantly but now I feel like a different person. I know it doesn't work out for everyone and I know that it can still come undone but I feel a million times better than I have done for years.

I also had a really bad cough and couldn't have a conversation without coughing. Although I still have a little cough now and again and a bit of throats clearing it is nothing compared to what I was going through.

Hope all goes well with your op

• Posted

Wow you have done so well , and your before sounds just awfull I have a friend who had a Nissan 8 yeras ago and is still going strong and they seem to be getting better at it all the time. Good luck with the recovery though you dont sound like you need it .smile 

• Posted

I'm sure I've read someone has had him for linx and said he was very good. Where abouts in England is he?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.