nissen fail

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi im 22 years old boy from Iran

i have suffered from acid reflux as long as i remember.

it has effected my whole life since i was a little kid.

ive been depresed for these past 2-3 years,i even wanted to commit sucide but i couldnt do it.

the main problem is this disease is effecting everything in my life...i have many problems and the worst is this disease is destroying my realations im losing friends bcuz of this...my mouth always smells even tho i brush 3times a day.

i just want to say its a very hard thing to deal i know its not cancer or HiV but its killin me slowly.

so last year after lots of researches in internet i decided to get Nissen surgery.

ok after surgery i didnt feel any better and i had more problems like much gas in stomach,pain when i try to burp,being unable to vomit etc

so i went to my doctor and he told that i said to u that this surgery doesnt 100% works...(what can i say)

now its almost a year after my Nissen surgery but i feel even worse than last year the worst thing is small slices of food come back to my mouth often even when im sitting or walking( i dont know why that happens,shouldnt gravity do smt about it ?!)

anyway soon i get pictures from my stomach again to see whats the problems

i had alot of hopes for getting better in these years i was such hopeful person. now im a despered person who doesnt have any hopes to live a good life.

i havent seen anybody like me and that makes me more alone.

about a year im reading about linx but havent seen any doctor do that in my country and thats very expensive surgery i guess its around 30,000$ and thats alot of money.

thx for reading if u have anything to say i would like to read it

if u ask me now i would pay my youth to get better.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dear kidpop

so sorry you are suffering but you are not alone. There are many knowledgeable people on this forum who may be able to help you.

I too had a nissen last year and like you feel worse now than I did before, If you have had this surgery then you will not be able to have the linx (or so my surgeon tells me).

Have you changed your diet, taken probiotics/digestive enzymes etc?

There are many natural remedies that can help you.

The way I see it - something is not right in your digestive system. I say it is like a blocked sink. Until you clear the blockage then the water will keep coming back up. You need to get your system running smoothly.

Please don't feel alone as there are many of us suffering but you can improve how you feel.

• Posted

Hi Moonbuggy, I was wondering if you had these symptoms before the surgury and it made them worse, or did new problems occur. Did the op at least stop the reflux?

Stay strong kidpop.

• Posted

Hi Mick 20498

Well my original problems are still there (disgusting taste in mouth, breathing issues, throar problems etc) but I have new ones as well now which I am so angry about, I have a lot of diarrhea, sweating,uncomfortable feeling lying down so makes sleeping difficult anf generally feeling unwell, Worst mustake I ever made

• Posted

hi friend thx for reading and writing

it feels good not to be alone

soon i will talk to my doctor about what you and others offered

im realy happy that u guys cared to write for me

it means alot and i would be happy if we could talk outside from this site,if you want ofc

thx anyway

• Posted

Hi kidpop. Sorry about your acid reflux and you breath problem. Try eating an apple, as I read it helps the acid reflux, and get carbon granules is capsule form and parma violets tablets for the breath. It may help, but worth a try. Good luck anyway. If I come up with something else I'll let you know, but don't bother topping yourself. It isn't worth it and there's no way back. I'm sure we'll find something!
    • Posted

hi chris

i love apples and i will eat them alot at the morning it helps with breathing problems

im thankful for ur support

• Posted

Hi kidpop. Sorry about your acid reflux and you breath problem. Try eating an apple, as I read it helps the acid reflux, and get carbon granules in capsule form and parma violets tablets for the breath. It may help, but worth a try. Good luck anyway. If I come up with something else I'll let you know, but don't bother topping yourself. It isn't worth it and there's no way back. I'm sure we'll find something!
  • Posted

I went through a period of having a foul taste in my mouth for months, kinda septic. I surmissed that it was coming from undigested food sitting in my gut as I was on PPI's. So I started taking a good probiotic and it cleared up in a few days and didn't come back. You need a really good (expensive) probiotic from the refrigerated section of your local heaalth food store. Heat kills probiotics. If it's hot outside the store gives me an ice pack to get them home.

Luck

• Posted

hi mick

after my surgery my breath after eating meals smells like little bit of throw up and i feel foods are still in my throat.

i guess we have the same problems.soon ill try what u just said and i have a feeling that it helps with my breathing

thx bro

• Posted

I'm sorry for your anguish. There are lots of us who feel your pain and please do not lose hope. I'm not sure what is available in Iran but would they consider more testing? Maybe something more is going on. I had very painful burning 24 hours a day and it turned out I had acid reflux from gastroparesis. My food digests really really slowly so I always have an over abundance of acid. Prayers your way. Hang in there.
    • Posted

Hi Karen,

''''''''''''''My food digests really really slowly so I always have an over abundance of acid. ''''''''''

That sounds kinda counter intuitive, as I would of thought that more acid would make you digest faster.  You'd think that slow digestion would be more to do with low stomach acid, but I'm wrong a lot smile

• Posted

The relationship between gastroparesis and GERD is multi-factorial. The delay in gastric emptying associated with gastroparesis can lead to prolonged gastric retention of food that may have a propensity to reflux. Because gastroparesis allows material to remain in the stomach, there is an increase in the gastroesophageal pressure gradient, gastric volume, and the volume of potential refluxate. Additionally, the prolonged exposure of material in the stomach can increase gastric acid secretion.
    • Posted

hi karen

i try to stay alive i busy myself with work & study that helps me not lose a hope for abit more.but i cant promise ( its a sad joke ) but having good support like you make me abit more hopeful

thx man

• Posted

I'm so sorry you are suffering. I understand exactly how you are feeling. I promise you, You Are Not Alone... My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.