nite time stomach pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I get woken up with bad stomach pain in middle of nite/early morning and it makes me feel so sick. once i have a bm it goes away. its upper stomach pain, like slow digestion pain. i had endscopy and h.pylori test along with tons of others. all normal. anyone else get this? its miserable

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Kim

I have a hiatas hernia and in peri I felt really sick especially in the mornings, all the acid reflux which can increase in peri can cause the nausea, I have my bed raised abit (some wooden blocks under the top legs) so I am not lying too flat and I dont eat too late at night before going to bed x

• Posted

HI Hun

I know I’ve spoken to you on other threads

But would you tell me

Does the reflux ever get better 

Been in  peri ten years

Long story but I was one month in full menopause the had thyroid surgery and got a period 

Not had another one since been four months 

The reflux is making me ill

Had two upper endoscopy nothing found

It comes and goes but the lanzaprazole make me feel weird

Don’t take them much 

But constant nausea bloated acid!!!!!

I’m just fed up with myself 

Is this something I’m gonna have to live with forever 😞

• Posted

Dear Michelle

Sorry your feeling bad and yes it did get better for me. At times I might get the odd heartburn etc and yes I know what you mean about the tablets they made me feel spaced out! Also after taking omeprezole for a while it made me feel really gassy. X

• Posted

Hi, yes I get stomach pains all the time, I think it’s the whole digestive system slowing down with the lower levels of estrogen . I feel bloated all the time and can’t eat a lot without feeling uncomfortable. Horrible isn’t it ??

Linda xx 

• Posted

Hi Kim, I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering from this. However, I can confirm that you are not alone. I suffer from this too, and even lost weight due to this. When I eat or have not eaten for a while I get terribly nauseous as well. I will either skip a few days with terrible constipation and then terrible diarrhea. It seems like this is just another nasty symptom of peri-menopause. It does effect your digestive system and a lot of ladies develop IBS. I know what i am about to say is TMI, but I even stopped passing wind. It was so frustrating as ended up feeling very bloated. 

As all of my blood work came back normal too I went to see a Homeopath whom confirmed that for some unknown reason hormones changes do effect the digestive system. She said that the co-enzymes in my stomach is not functioning properly, my food is not properly digested, causing either severe cramping/pain, constipation or diarrhea, not been able to pass wind and feeling nauseous all the time.   

I am now taking a pill before each meal to help balancing the co-enzymes and to help digest my food. I have been on treatment for 2 weeks now, and feeling a lot better.

I know this must sound very strange, but I am glad that I pass wind again, LOL. It does stay an embarrassing topic for some, but believe me, If not been able to do so, you MISS it!

Hope my reply will give you a bit ease of mind and give you some guidance to investigate your situation further. If it persist though, I suggest that you check your liver and gallbladder out too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.