No answers and I'm very frustrated

Posted , 4 users are following.

This may take a minute but very important, so please be patient with me lol

So, my health concerns really started when I was about 13 years old. One day I was out at a friends house and trying on a pair of her jeans when my knee came out of place. At that time, my father did not take me to the hospital and I never got checked. In that same year, I started to get a very sharp pain in my abdomen that will only go away if I make myself gag (this is something I learned many years later). Not sure if its the sensation of bringing something up within my system that makes the pain subside for a few minutes until it gradually starts all over again. I go through this intense gradual pain for about 4-5 sessions until it finally goes away. When I was 18 years old, they told me I have gall bladder stones and removed my gall bladder. The pain never went away, I am now 35 years old and this just happened to me a couple of months ago. (its something that happens every so often, maybe once every 4 to 5 months.)

At the age of 22, I had my 3rd child. One day while I was laying with her on the bed, I began to feel a strange arrhythmia/fluttering in my heart and pain all over my body. After several hours, I was very afraid and my husband took me to a clinic. At this clinic, they ran an ekg and rushed me to the hospital where I stayed for a couple of days and was told that I could have had a heart attack. Several tests were run and I was told I had osteoarthritis at the tender age of 22. (All over my body) I visited a few Cardiologists, had stress tests, etc etc and I was told the same thing over and over again...."Something seems to be wrong but you are too young to have heart problems....". "I'm also too young to have degenerative joint disease but, hey. For many years I've been on beta-blockers, anti-inflammatories, etc.

Fast forward to last week when I visited an endocrinologist and she said "Oh, you're too young to have a problem like that, it's just stress". Let me just take one second to say that I am extremely over people telling me that. Because of my age, nobody seems to take me seriously. Anyways, a couple of months ago, I went to the Emergency room because the fluttering lasted too long and had me worried. The ER doctor came in and nonchalant advised me that I had hyperthyroidism and needed to see an endocrinologist. Saw endo, received diagnosis (hyperthyroidism and graves disease). Awesome. After this diagnosis, I was almost relieved that I finally had an answer to a question I had for so many years. 'What was wrong with me'. But I must have been extremely naive because for many years, my thyroid had been tested several times and nothing came up. Although I do believe that I have the thyroid problem, because of my blood tests, I do not believe that my heart problem is from that. I saw a dermatologist about 3 years ago because I began getting stains all over my abdomen, they looked like bruises that popped up all over. As soon as she came in, she said "you look like you have lupus". She took a skin graph and it came back with some strange skin disorder.

I have tested for Lupus about 3 times and all three times it comes back inconclusive. I have given up on going to the doctors and being told the same things over and over again. I know something is not right. Here I am at work, with fluttering that has lasted about two weeks, all while I'm still on my thyroid meds. Two weeks ago, I also began having serious hives all over my body. Endo said that I was allergic to meds and just sent me a different pill.

Well, here I am. I googled a forum to see if anybody has heard of the things I've gone through. I'm sure I sound nuts but my mother passed away at the age of 58 years old, just after my graves disease diagnosis. Nobody listened to her and she shouldnt have died so young. I need answers. Help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Also should mention that my Red Blood Cell count ALWAYS comes back high on Blood tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.