No answers left in limbo

Posted , 7 users are following.

Went for second consultant at ion with ent doctor today. Very very upset. No answers. I started with this 6 months ago. Although I am starting to feel a bit better I would to feel normal again. He said the hot and cold air test and following the light tests were normal. Eye test came back normal and hearing test.

I feel as though I'm walking on a boat every time I bend I feel as though I might fall. I have shifting moving feeling in my head when sat. I forget everything.

When I started with this 4 other people were also off not that I knew at the time but found out subsequently.

Ent said may not be ear but may be I am having panic attacks and anxiety as it is worse in supermarkets and busy places. I explained I didn't think so. In fact I know it's not that.

I explained that I had anti biotic recently for urinary infection which made me feel almost 100 percent better with my balance which was a big unexpected surprise to me. He said I can't have a bacterial infection as I would have hearing loss feel sick and have a temp. My symtoms began to return after a week of the antibiotics. I was told to continue with betahistine for 6 months atleast and come back to him in 6 months but I feel so upset as nothing has been achieved. And I'm left in this situation. So upsetting and frustrating and left to feel it's in my head!!

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Out of curiosity, what was the antibiotic and how long were you on it?
    • Posted

It was for a urinary infection trimethoprim for 3 days two tablets a day. I'm convinced it helped. But could be coincidence but a felt almost 100% and I really was not expecting to feel any better
    • Posted

I am currently on a 10 day course of the same drug and it seems to be impacting mine as well.  I have been 95% recovered for several months.
    • Posted

Oh my goodness. That's good to hear thank you for saying!!
    • Posted

Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim are both antibiotics that treat different types of infection caused by bacteria. Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim is a combination antibiotic used to treat ear infections, urinary tract infections, bronchitis, traveler's diarrhea, shigellosis, and Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia
    • Posted

My husband thinks I should email the ent consultant to speak to him again. I agree I am due to see my Gp tomorrow. I have off sick since the beginning of Feb and it's life changing I am worried about losing my job and I feel the solution could be an easy one if prescribed. I hope someone listens thank you so much for your reply it really means a lot
  • Posted

We're you prescribed it for balance? Also do you have hearing lose as I dont
    • Posted

How did you persuade your Gp to prescribe?
    • Posted

I don't have hearing loss either. I was prescribed this for a sinus infection.  Actually, I am on a 20 day course and could not tolerate Cefzil after day 10 and was switched to this.  Prescribed by ENT. 
    • Posted

I have terrible sinuses as well in the past I had turbinates reduced and suffer all the time with a blocked nose...I wonder if that's a link??

Thank you so much for your replies I feel tonnes better. I was beyond upset when I got home today and didn't know where to turn. I'm going to Gp tomorrow am going to try for more antibiotics and ask for a different referral. I cant just wait another 6 months to be told the same. I know he's probably hoping it will be better by then but when your job depends on you getting better and your morgage you can't just leave it so easily when you've had an experience of it improving so much

• Posted

I've been living this way for 12 years. No answers. My heart feels for you because I've heard since it started that it's all in my head.
    • Posted

It's a terrible thing to say and I think they say it when they don't have an answer
    • Posted

Yes, I agree! I end up crying when I'm told that because who in their right mind would want to live like this? I always say if I was going to make up an illness, it sure as heck wouldn't be this one!
    • Posted

Oh my god I agree so much. When he said to me " as it's worse in supermarkets or shops is it more likely you are having a panic attack... my mum said he obviously don't know how much you usually enjoy shopping. Did you tell him it's your hobbie!! Wish I had my mum with me !! I agree.... He thought it could down to social interaction.... and I love talking to people. I rarely shut up!!!
    • Posted

I am so sorry you have hit a brick wall for so long. Have you seen a neurologist? I know it's perhaps a silly question after you have suffered so long. I just hope they at soon have some break through and don't try to palm off this as in your head
    • Posted

I am so grateful to you for your support. It's terrible that it's left to fellow suffers to give that valuable help and support

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.