No appetite

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with a small rectocle over a year ago. After having a colonoscopy where a polyp was removed the constipation has been much better.  How ever I seem to have no appetite, never really feel like eating and feel full and bloated. Is this normal? Anyone experience of the same

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun, I'm not sure if you have the right forum topic. Moist ladies on herehave had a vaginal prolapse or waiting for surgery. If you go to main page you should find the right forum topic.hope this helps hun.good luckx
  • Posted

I'm so sorry hun, I misread your message. I hope you feel better

Soon.x

• Posted

I haven't had those exact symptoms, but I have definitely had constipation issues bc of the rectocele.  Could constipation be making you feel full, bloated, and cause the loss of appetite?
  • Posted

I definitely had some of those feelings when I was constipated but not at any other time. Did you have any bowel pain with the polyp !? X
  • Posted

How long since the colonoscopy Princess R ( love the nickname by the way )?

They fill you with air to make seeing things easier and it takes time to pass. I suggest you get yourself some degas tablets or windeze, drink plenty of fluids, gentle exercise helps. The tablets help with the bloating too. If it was a few months ago you may be feeling depression and I would go see GP and get yourself checkout. All the best 

• Posted

You haven't said how long ago the colonoscopy & removal of polyp was done? Which makes it hard to comment.
  • Posted

Thanks for your responses everyone. I had colonoscopy in Oct 2014, polyp was removed but was all normal, No followup recommended. At they time they thought it had been causing the constipation and obstruction. Bowel movements normal afterwards. I have Lasix powders off GP and I take those when I feel Im bunged up, my digestive system seems to be really slow and a small mount of food satisfies me. Im also diabetic type 2.
    • Posted

I wasn't sure what Lasix was so I looked it up.  It's a diuretic and loss of appetite was listed as one of the side effects.  I think it might be the kind of side effect you are supposed to tell you GP about if you get it, but I'm not sure.

At any rate, you might want to talk to your GP about the side effects and whether or not you still need to be taking a diuretic.  If you do get constipated sometimes (normal with a rectocele bc of incomplete evacuation) maybe your GP can help  you figure out the best way to manage that.

Good luck.  I hope you figure out what is wrong and get the help you need.

• Posted

Wow that was quite sometime ago , Princess. I know my mother became addicted to diuretic powders and went fromj size 20 to size 6 , they believe they contributed to her death as not eating at all in end. So please stop taking them as they are highly additive. Ask your GP to refer you to a dietican if it just the bloating and constipation that are worrying you and what ever you do please don't starin when you try for BM as worst you can do. I used to suffer from th eopposite and was very loose in my BM. Not geeting enough fibre , eating too much fast food and not drinking enough. I found aviding fast food ( which is high in sugar) and ensuring I drink lots - limit my real coffee to 3 small cups a day, but have plenty of decafe & other hot drinks throughout day even on hot days ( and I  do mean hot I live in Australia and that can be above 30 for alot of the summer) of course I drink cranberry juice, apple juice mix diluted with lots of water at least twice a day. I find the hot drinks help keep me fairly regular. I watch my BM and if I start to get bloated and dont go for a day  I read the signs and take a laxactive tablet at night and sure enough ok the next day. I try to eat smaller meals/snacks more frequently throughgout the day which is one great thing you can do for yourself as a type 2 diabetic. This has made me no longer a type 2 diabetic I am now just classed as diabetic intolerant as my readings are within normal these days. I snakc on nuts and frozen grapes, berries in season etc. Limit my carbs like bread to breakfast and dont have a large meal at night. Hope this all helps seeing a dietican may help, but please get off diuretics they are addictive. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.