no appetite, feel down, and aggressive when drinking alcohol, can someone help pls

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm on citapoloram 40mg, I've been starting to feel better about myself, so I feel as I can have a drink at weekends with my friends, I'm only 22 and everytime I drink I cant remember anything, I become aggressive when I'm not that type of boy, the next days I'm feeling low got no appetite, literally not ate in 3 days, does anyone else feel like this, its scary I feel very paranoid

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Alcohol is a stimulant and makes mental illness worse.

You are advised not to drink alchohol when taking anti D;s

Lil

• Posted

Thanks for your reply its appreciated, do u think the best thing to do Is just force food down? I really have to stop drinking its making me be an idiot and bringing me down next few days, I feel so guilty
    • Posted

Well thats the problem when you dont have a mental illness most people suffer the next day but when you have a mental illness the aftermath can go on for days and you feel worse because things you would.not normally analyse you do when you have anxiety/depression.

I would not force food down but try to eat a little like bananas or soup or pasta 

Lil

• Posted

Hi Corey I know they say not to drink when in AD's. If you aren't the type of person who can stop after one don't drink at all. I feel like a bit of a hypocrite saying that but it sounds like its definitely an issue for you. I have taken citalopram I don't remember not eating but I lost quite a bit of weight
    • Posted

Yea that's 100% me, I mean I can't just go out and have 1, I only drink 1 day a week and it's the weekend, I drank from around 1pm on Saturday untill 8 then I can't remember anything atall, I lay in bed didn't eat all sunday, a little appetite came back yesterday I had dinner, but it's now tuesday and I still feel crap, really not worth it for me, I said to the doctors im losing weight from citapoloram but she told me citapoloram doesn't cause weight loss which seems odd if you were losing weight also? Thanks a lot for your reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.