No bladder sensation/urethral symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

So extremely and utterly fed up with this now! Been going on for 4 years. I have no bladder sensation and had the urologist confirm what I already knew, that it will never come back. So don't know when my bladder is full or when I need to wee. I just go by the clock and roughly how much I have drank.

I have the most irritating urethral symptoms too. Soreness/burning/urge to wee (When I probably don't need to) and urgency feelings. The urge to wee can escalate into urgency feelings, especially if I get tense and agitated. So its really impacted on my life these last few years because I'm scared of losing bladder control in public. Ruled my life it has. Missed out on and avoided so much because of it. I was just wondering if anyone else had any similar urethral symptoms. Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

did you do a urodynamic test via your urologist ?

• Posted

Hi Carlo, Thanks for replying. No, not had a urodynamic test. I started with this problem 4 years ago and had numerous appointments with the GP, Bladder Nurse, Gynaecologist and Urologists but got absolutely nowhere. Just had bladder scans and a cystoscopy. One urologist even said it wasn't possible to have no bladder sensation! He didn't accept that I couldn't feel when my bladder is full or when I need to wee. Anyway I last saw a urologist in about May last year and nothing came of that either so he just said he would send me an annual check up appointment in a years time. But of course by May everything was messed up with the virus and he finally rang me about 3 months later. He put me on a low dose of antibiotics for 6 months for the urethral soreness and burning. But then I got an appointment for next month out of the blue which has since been cancelled. They said they would send me another appointment soon. I forgot to add that the urologist said there was nothing they could do about my bladder sensation and whilst they could do numerous tests, it wouldn't change anything. So its all about the urethral symptoms now. Even without the urgency feelings, the soreness etc make me feel like I want to wee and that can be just a few minutes after I have been to the bathroom too. So so irritating. Thanks again.

• Posted

Hi

You are not alone. Many peoples around the world are facing this challenge, mostly men but women also.

There are many medicines are available which promotes sensation of bladder and helps in peeing. Flowmax is one of them.

I am taking this one. I am facing this problem due to incompetent urologist who ruined my system by unnecessary catheterisation. etc.

• Posted

Hi Gera, No Im not alone am I. Peeing isn't a problem. I just go by the clock or guess when to go. I would like to think I could get my bladder sensation back though and lose the urethral sensations. Not heard of Flowmax before.

Sorry to hear your problems were caused by an incompetent urologist who ruined your system.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.