No brown envolope for 3 months

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys, I just wondered if anybody else has had to wait so long for a PIP review decision?

I had my review in may but at the face to face assessment the woman didn't ask me any relevant questions at all. Only what kind of games I liked to play and whether I wanted to smell some tissue with lavender in it. Obviously that was the most pointless assessment ever so I expected it take a while but it's been over three months, when it's supposed to take four weeks.

I've called them three times recently as everybody I have talked to on the phone has said something different from the last person and nobody seems to know what's going on. Last time I rang a few weeks ago, somebody told me that a decision had been made but she couldn't tell me what it was. I was sceptical as the previous people had told me different things. I should have had a decision letter by now if a decision had been made, surely?

I have a horrible feeling it's going to be a no and that feeling gets worse every time I check the post. Is it common for a review decision to take so long?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI,

My goodness, 4 months is rather a long time to wait for a decision after the face 2 face assessment. If a decision's been made then they will be able to tell you over the phone. Have you rang DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision will be as mostly they go with the report.

I'd advise you to ring DWP to ask for the report and then ask to speak to a case manager, or for one to call you back. You'll receive a call back from the case manager/decision maker within 48 hours and then you'll be able to ask him/her directly what's going on. If you don't get any joy with this then contact your local MP through email and tell them exactly what's going on and hopefully they will help you further. Very often DWP need a boot from local MPs to get them moving. It worked for me twice in the past.

Good luck and I hope you'll at least hear something soon.

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I decided to call again just to check and this time they said that a decision hadn't actually been made yet. Apparently they can't find the case manager because they don't know their first name. I don't know what to think haha. I can't tell whether they're messing with me or genuinely have no idea what's going on.

I'm thinking of writing a letter of complaint, purely because each person has said that the previous person was lying (not in those words of course). Writing to my MP sounds like a good idea too, thanks.

I can't be the only person this is happening to either, it's not good. So much stress.

• Posted

That's ridiculous! Did you request a copy of the assessment report? It's also very handy to have if a Mandatory reconsideration is needed.

To contact your local MP google search how to contact my MP and it will come up, from this you'll be able to put your postcode in and email them directly. I'd take that route, for sure. It's also coming towards the end of summer holidays so MP's will be returning to work soon. 

• Posted

Oops I totally forgot to ask! I will call back next week and ask. Although, the assessment wasn't really an assessment she asked me what kind of games I like to play, whether I'd seen westworld and didn't ask anything relevant haha. I will ask anyway!

• Posted

Hi I was sent my Pip review form in May I returned it just in the nick of time the first week in June (I had a reminder letter) I have not heard anything at all since and I have had three payments since then!!! Very odd.
    • Posted

This is the exact reason why PIP reviews are done 1 year before the award is due to end, it's to make sure there's enough time to have your assessment and make a decision before your award ends.  Backlogs are all over the country and some parts are worse than others. Some wait weeks while others wait several months. If there was any issues then your PIP would have stopped by now. You'll carry on receiving payments until a decision is made on your review. Most have face 2 face assessments even for a review. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.