No cardiac chest pain during while brisk walking

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Everybody and Happy new year.

I have acid reflux for years: heartburn, burning in estomac and burning in the throat. Also I have non cardiac chest pain when I brisk walk for 40 minutes.

Is there anybody who experiences these symptoms.

Please advise

Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

three years ago I started to get a little bit of chest pain. I've had two stress test echoes I've been in and out of the hospital I've had endos colonoscopy the doctors are telling me it's gastro related. constantly bloated at any time I could literally burp up all the food that I just ate feels like it's sitting in my esophagus I do have a burn but I never have food coming up I get these fluttery feelings it makes me feel like I'm having a heart attackI have been dealing with this for over 3 years now I have tried everything and I am just dun dun dun. just wondering if you ever have these fluttery feelings coming up to your throat in your chest

• Posted

I've had similar symptoms and tests with the same outcomes. The flutter may be palpatations from dehydration or sodium intake.

• Posted

About three years ago I also started experiencing chest pain and tightness, as well as pain in my arms if I do any kind of exercise after eating, like taking a brisk walk or going up the stairs. At first it was really scary because I thought I was having a heart attack. But then I started noticing that I don't have those symptoms when I do the same activities at other times. I came to the conclusion that it's gotta be related to my long-term acid reflux condition. I was diagnosed back in 2001 and I never had those symptoms until three years ago.

• Posted

I had exactly what you describe some years ago. Doctors thought it was a cardiac arrest and the pain was tremendous. it also took a long time to resolve. I suffered several milder episodes over time too. The presentation looks so much like a cardiac issue safe for your history of GERD or reflux.

I was later diagnosed with esophaegal spasm with underlying GERD.

The major medication has been anti-depressants and some radium bicarbonate dissolved in cool water while the attack lasted.

• Posted

I had exactly what you describe some years ago. Doctors thought it was a cardiac arrest and the pain was tremendous. it also took a long time to resolve. I suffered several milder episodes over time too. The presentation looks so much like a cardiac issue safe for your history of GERD or reflux.

I was later diagnosed with esophaegal spasm with underlying GERD.

The major medication has been anti-depressants and some radium bicarbonate dissolved in cool water while the attack lasted.

• Posted

hello and happy new year to you , yes I get all of the above symptoms are you taking anything for it ? I'm on PPI medication but its not helping my doctors just given me s different one to try I think its stronger also I waiting you an endoscopy to be done again already had it 3 times before this time they are doing a biopsy?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.