No chance at success

Posted , 6 users are following.

I spoke to my epilepsy nurse yesterday about more supporting evidence for my f2f on Thursday, she told me that the first time is never a success, she implied that unfortunately no matter how bad the medication and the aftermath of the seizures affect you, epileptics are rarely granted pip.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hang in there even if u have to go to appeal i have bad eperlepsy and have fits on daily basis sometimes 2 -3 day and mental health problems so if they turn u down go to appeal cause the points they turned me down on i won at appeal its how ur condition affects u on daily basis somone tell me if im wrong but go all way hope u get sucess
    • Posted

Thank you so much, have to be honest if it wasn't for this forum I would of thrown in the towel before filling the forms in.

• Posted

It's not about a diagnosis, it's about how your condition/s affect you daily. Take a look at the PIP descriptors and see which ones apply to you. For an award you need at least 8 points which will get you standard award. With those descriptors you have to prove which ones apply to you. Do you have help or use aids daily? Also have you sent in any evidence at all? Evidence will be needed. Anything except future appointment letters.

• Posted

Hiya

I have sent in lots of evidence but thought it won't hurt to have more, all the forms are filled I. And I have my f2f on Thursday, thank you do much for all the fab advice you've given through this, you are a star

• Posted

Hello Sarah, Did you get more supporting evidence from your epilepsy nurse?  I am asking this because I am wondering if the nurse implied you are rarely granted PIP for the first time you apply because she could not be bothered to give you this extra evidence. Talk about kicking someone when they are down. Personally I don't think the epilepsy nurse should of made this comment. I do hope you are successful with your application.  Good luck.  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.