No chest pains

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys I am from South Africa..I am 32 years old. And 2 months ago I have been diagnosed with Prinzmetals angina. I do not suffer from any chest pains. Mine started as an anxiety feeling and fluttering of my heart and shortness of breath. I was and am very fit my heart rate anything from 43 to 56 beats a min. I have no colesterol sugar blocked arteries or heart conditions issues. I was stil going to the gym recently till this week when I got extremely tired very quickly. The only symptoms I am currently experiencing is nausea every morning and low energy and the tiredness in any activity. Which is weird when I read all the other comments on symptoms you guys experience. I have been on calcium blockers and beta blockers with both I experience horrible side effects. I have tried all sorts of natural supplements. That have worked well till recently. I have used hawthorn berry, valerian root..mistletoe.. taurine..magnesium. CoQ10... Pantethine...L.Arginine.. But like I said feeling nauseas and low energy and struggling to excercise is a daily battle. I am really down and out..not sure what to try next..perhaps to give the calcium blocker another go

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi mason,

Have you been checked for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) have they looked at your iron levels ?

• Posted

Hi Samuels.. When I was in the hospital for 3 days. Just before I was Diagnosed. The Cardiologist did a bunch of blood tests. Did not ask specifically. But I am sure they checked it
    • Posted

Hi,

Whilst it is highly possible and more than likely you are suffering prinzmetal angina without chest pain,the discomfort you say you are feeling would be the "fluttering" feeling from the spasming arteries making it feel like it's coming from the heart. for CFS there is a special, well not so special blood test for CFS and I wouldn't imagine a cardiologist perfoming this test, he would check the iron levels for sure. A person can suffer a heart attack without any symptoms happening at all, they just end up  on the ground or if they make it they generally feel unwell several hours or a day after the event.

I'd be getting your GP to look at all possibilities, are you are snorer and have a thick neck and stop breathing in your sleep, have they tested for diabetes ?, the list goes on 

• Posted

My sugar levels are perfect. So I doubt it to be diabetes. And no no riding motor bike in my sleep.ha ha I dont snore and I dont believe to stop breathing whilst sleeping. I was planning to see my GP soon. Thanks for the advice. Oh yes ps.. My cardiologist did recommend I get something to relax.. Obviously stress worsens the experience
    • Posted

Yes emotional stress certainly does trigger prinzmetal angina, my sugar levels were normal too, I was diagnosed as type 2 diabetes through the HbA1c blood test, although admitedly I have foot neuropathy and this is what alerted my GP to do thisĀ  HbA1c blood test, I thought it was a residua effect from a suspected TIA I had, turns out I was wrong
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice I will definitely have it looked at. And ask for a relaxent. Luckily my GP and Cardiologist exchange info on my condition..Best of luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.